General > Main Helicopter Discussion

E5 ESC Help Please?

(1/3) > >>

The Dood:
Hi All,

I bought my first Synergy....an E5.  Beautiful heli, but I'm having trouble with ESC selection.  Castle came out with the Talon 90 ESC, which I'd really like to use-  being it has the 20a BEC built in.  Question is, I intend on running the E5 with a 6S setup and the Scorpion 4025 1100Kv motor.

Will the Talon 90 handle this?

Here's the link for it: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html

Also, which pinion should I go with?

Thanks in advance  :)

RichL:
The Talon 90 is a bit small for the E5.  I'm running a CC 120HV.  Take a look at this thread.  http://synergyrchelicopters.com/forum/index.php?topic=1128.0

Welcome to the Synergy family, if you need further assistance please let us know.

Rich

The Dood:
Ahh nuts!

I was hoping it would be a match made in heaven, especially with the price of the Talon.  It just doesn't have the headroom. 

Welp, looks like I'll be going with the 120HV and Western Robotics Bec.  Thought I could save some dough, but no point in risking a nice bird to save a fraction of the price.

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know what the status of Ryder is?

RichL:

--- Quote from: The Dood on December 29, 2012, 10:27:14 PM ---Ahh nuts!

I was hoping it would be a match made in heaven, especially with the price of the Talon.  It just doesn't have the headroom. 

Welp, looks like I'll be going with the 120HV and Western Robotics Bec.  Thought I could save some dough, but no point in risking a nice bird to save a fraction of the price.

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know what the status of Ryder is?

--- End quote ---

Better to find out now than later,  later would make the CC 120 even more expensive.  Sorry, I missed your pinion question in the first post.  The pinion depends on what head speed your are looking for.  Happy to be of assistance.

Rich

The Dood:
Man, I really wish I didn't have to spend so much money on an ESC for a 550 running 6S.  Is the Castle 100 with a separate BEC enough?  Just seems like it should be, but if this thing is pulling 120-150 peak amps that has me concerned. 

Looking at a Trex 550DFC, it comes with the 600mx (1240kv) and a Talon 90.  Granted it swings 520mm mains, but it's tugging around 5000mah packs.

I was trying to keep this affordable.  Is there another motor that would pair better with a Castle Ice 100 possibly?  I don't need mind blowing 3D.  As it stands right now, a 12S and 6S set up are going to cost close to the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version