May 14, 2024, 07:00:09 PM

Author Topic: On Board lighter or the old stick?  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Frequency

Re: On Board lighter or the old stick?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
I use the pushglo with the twistlock pigtail and I love it. I don't really understand why anyone would use a switchglo and want to use a channel on their radio, you still need to be next to the heli to put the starter in it and turn it over so why not just push the button on your bird and then start the heli instead of pushing the button on your Tx and then starting the heli. Am I missing something here?

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »
Um yeah, a pushbutton?  That's just so low tech. ;)

I have way more channels on my radio than I can possibly ever use up so that's why I went with the swtchglo. Also, I bought a couple when someone had them on sale for $35.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike Dipalo

• Field Representative
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »
PushGlo here. Nice and small. Figure I have to walk up to the heli any way.

Now if I had a traxxas easy start on there LOL.

I once did see a 3d plane guy at our field that fixed his tail heavy issues by having a starter up front. Really freaked out the plane guys when he was doing rolling dead stick landings right at the ground, and then pulling up hard while the engine restarted. It added some weight no doubt, but it would be sort of cool to be able to cut and restart engines at will. No room on a pod and boom heli for that though. Scale heli maybe.
"You need more rockets. Everything is better with rawkets"
Commodore8888
Rockville, MD