Electronics Setup Information > Setup Info

GY701 software update problem

(1/1)

scotty82:
Hi everyone,

I have just bought a CIU-2 and I am having a little trouble with it. I installed the two drivers OK and when plugged in the LED lights up green. I have downloaded everything from the Futaba software web page for the GY701. I have the GY Link, PC Link and the V1.1 update.exe and GY701.bin file installed on my laptop.

With the GY Link I was able to connect to the GY701 and save the current settings/config. This was saved as a .gyr file. To write to the GY701 in GY Link with the new software was unsucessfull. The new software is a .bin file.

I then tried the update.exe file. I had the CIU-2 hooked up and powered up the GY701 while holding down a mode button. It flashed on the GY701 screen "UPDATE READY". I clicked on "WRITE" on the update box on the laptop. It then said "NOW WRITING". Then it stops and the GY701 displays "SOFTWARE MISMATCH" and the laptop brings up a box saying "WRITE FAILED" or something similar.

I don't know what is wrong :( :-[ Any help would be appreciated ;D

Cheers
Scott

Matt Botos:
Scott,

Sounds like a question for Hobbico tech support.

Only think I can think of is that maybe the updates are sequential and you need all previous updates before applying the most recent? Not sure, just a guess.

Matt

scotty82:
Hi Matt,

I got it to work in the end 8) I re-downloaded all the software from the website. I also plugged the CIU-2 into a different USB port and it worked. I updated it fine and saved my settings. I did my second GY701 for N9 #2 and it was fine.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version