May 11, 2024, 08:02:47 AM

Author Topic: Wiring diagram/pictures  (Read 22664 times)

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »
Rich,

I run the scorpion back up guard on my E7 and have tested a few scenarios and this is what I came up with. I actually flew my E7 with the power wire pushed into a EC5 connector and as soon as I flipped it the wire came loose and the backup guard done exactly what it needed to do and I was able to land it safely. Second test was to fly sport 3D just with the guard on by passing the bec and I drained 384 milliamps out. Not to bad. The servos were very slow to response to we're the average pilot will see the change in there servos and the maneuvers become slower than usual. I hope this helps out.. All in all the backup guard is a great product..

Also if you loose a bec in flight when you land if you look at the little red light it will be flashing as well...

Rock...

Rock, thanks for the reply.  I haven't had the "coconuts" to do this test myself  I have the "BUG" on both my E5 and E7.  What was the duration of the flight when you drained 384 ma from your battery ( just as a point of reference)?  Good to know the slower response is noticeable.  Great to be part of such a knowledgeable family.  Thanks again, Rich     
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:29:14 AM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »
I plan to set up my Heli like Rich's so if I need he'll and he is kind enough to assist it will be similar.  Just picked up my electronic parts, haven't opened anything.  What is the back up guard?

You will be in good company because, I copied Matt's!   Except for the wire loom, and your not likely to see that on Matt's machines.  I'm happy to help in any way I can as always.

Rich 
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
What the crap, another thing I need to buy?  This is getting silly, every time I look up there is something else I need to order.  I'll be glad when this build is over, getting too expensive too fast.  Good thing is once it is built that should be the end of it.  Guess its time to hit google and make another order. 
Rich, wasn't this supposed to be in your "needed supplies" section!   :D
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
What the crap, another thing I need to buy?  This is getting silly, every time I look up there is something else I need to order.  I'll be glad when this build is over, getting too expensive too fast.  Good thing is once it is built that should be the end of it.  Guess its time to hit google and make another order. 
Rich, wasn't this supposed to be in your "needed supplies" section!   :D

It's not really a needed supply.  It's really more of an insurance policy and until Rock cleared up some reservations I had, I really did not want to recommend it. Believe it or not I don't recommend equipment just because I use it.  The products I use must earn my trust or have a proven track record to gain my recommendation the same applies to vendors.  Sorry you have to place another order.  Oh and just for the record, its never over! The next cycle begins with your E7! :D

Relax, it could be worse, you could be in Afghanistan.

Rich     
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:36:27 AM by RichL »

Offline trhammonds

• Field Representative
  • IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Rich,

The duration was  a 4 min flight hope this helps..

Also it makes a setup a breeze cause you never have to plug in you motor or ESC... :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:32:25 PM by trhammonds »
"Rock"
Team Synergy/RailBlades/Scorpion/Giant Power Batteries...

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
Rich,

The duration was  a 4 min flight hope this helps..

Also it makes a setup a breeze cause you never have to plug in you motor or ESC... :)

Sweet!  Thanks again Rock  8)

Offline trhammonds

• Field Representative
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
NP brotha.. If you have issues or concerns please feel free to let me know.. Pretty knowledge on the little fellow.. Lol

Rock
"Rock"

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
Rock, I have been using mine since they became available in the US.  I haven't had any problems with them just didn't know anyone who had actually put them to the test.  You are right about the convenience of being able to power the radio system w / out the BEC.  The charging solution was a PITA at first but David over at ProgressiveRC came up with a suitable charging cable.  I know the next questions on the forum are going to be about charging the Castle BUG so if you have a simple solution I'm sure there are going to be some folks on hear that would like to hear it.  The only solution I have is order the cable from Dave.

Rich   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:55:15 PM by RichL »

Offline trhammonds

• Field Representative
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
Rich,

I use the same method that Mr Mel has describe..
"Rock"

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:50 PM »
Thanks Rock.  Here is the video Rock's mentions in his post.  Thanks Rock.

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/building_technic/Tech_Backup_Guard/

Note: M.M.'s charging solution does not work with the I Charger 3010B.  I can't speak to any other chargers ability to charge the Scorpion BUG.  The I Charger wants to see a LIPO balance connection as well as a main charge connection no matter what mode you charge in.  The only exception I have found is a single cell LIPO battery.  I use a special charge cable from ProgressiveRC with my 3010B to charge the Scorpion BUG.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:47:19 PM by RichL »

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »
No biggie, placed the order.  Probably wont arrive until Wednesday or Thursday, will I be able to set up the helicopter without it?  I will be content with the E5 for sometime I think.  Then when Matt releases something this summer I'll get excited again lol.  I'm hoping to have it built by tuesday or Monday so my LHS can get on the bec and esc.  I have never done that before so I need to have someone help with that.  About to email you Rich.

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »
You don't need the Scorpion BUG to do the setup.  The Scorpion BUG has nothing to configure and requires only a empty slot on your FBL unit / receiver.  Just run and extra extension to the front when you when you run your ESC extension (assuming your placing the BUG near the front of your E5).  Sent email reply.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:40:37 AM by RichL »

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Good, I ordered 6 extensions just in case.  Glad I thought ahead!  So I won't need to solder the BUG to the BEC or anything like that?  That is incredible news. 

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
Also, are people connecting things like the esc, bed, scorpion BUG, and receiver or SATs using double sided tape or hook and loop velcro?  i was going to use double sided tape but just checking.  Not even close to that point at this moment anyways.

www.inner3.com

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Wiring diagram/pictures
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
I used the white 3M double sided tape on the back of my BUG, satellite, BEC, and ESC. Then I used a zip tie around the BEC & BUG and a single Velcro strap around the ESC. Nothing additional around the satellite though.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon