May 12, 2024, 03:04:53 AM

Author Topic: Synergy Helicopters  (Read 12409 times)

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
Re: Synergy Helicopters
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »
I am running my E5 with the gens ace 4800 at 2300 and 2350. I am using a 13 tooth pinion. 4 min flight time with 2350 head speed.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »

While you're understanding of the equations is true, I think you need to look at things a little differently.  Your first equation, yes as you increase current, voltage would go up, but how do you increase current, especially in this application?  You are changing voltage, so you need to use a different variation of the formula, or plug in the voltage number you are using, and then solve for I or current.  You will then see, as voltage goes up, your current goes down. 

So as you increase BEC voltage, the current goes down.  You can't change the current, you can only change the voltage, in this setup.  Power consumption can be calculated, but for ease, just assume it stays the same.

Current increases in this application because as you increase voltage to your servos, they will operate with increased speed and torque - obvious by looking at the specs of any servo at two different voltages. If  the servo specs stayed the same at higher voltage as they are at lower voltage THEN they would draw less current at higher V. The motors in your servos are NOT the same as a static resistive load and cannot be calculated as such. You cannot assume power stays the same as voltage increases because it doesn't.  As you increase voltage to your servos, they increase their power output: they are faster, stronger, they can get hotter, and will absolutely demand more current.
    But... it really doesnt matter as long as you have a stout BEC ;) Pick your servos and have fun!!! I run some of my HV servos at 6V. The specs are still great, and if you can feel difference between 6v and 8v you must be part machine. Congrats on the E5!!!

Offline Chris Blom

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 01:20:31 AM »
                      Iam assembling the main rotor head with the FBL rotor's turnbuckels set.I put on the stock ball links, should I have put on the FBL Rotor's ball links which I have in my parts collection instead?Will it really matter?

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:20 AM »
No, doesnt really matter. A sizing tool will be necessary to fit them them properly as the links will probably be a bit tight on the balls. These days Ralph installs the ball links for you at the exact measurement specs in the manual so you can just install them! So convenient :)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »
With the fblrotors ball studs and links you won't need to size the links most of the time.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »

I was wondering about your backup systems (Scorpion and Optipower). Interested to see where and how thus kit is mounted and wried on the E5. Would you pits some picks... Maybe a different thread, don't want to hijack this one..
Thanks Stu

Hi Stu, I have no experience with the BUG, but the Optipower Ultra Guard is excellent. It is simply connected to your FBL via a single universal JR style servo connector. I don't have any pics at present, but it's about as simple as it gets! Certainly cheap insurance.
-Danny

Offline Chris Blom

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 02:16:00 AM »
How are the washout arms supposed to line up with main head at zero pitch on the E5 helicopter?

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
Hey Chris,

They are not level mine are angled downwards a little. Hope this helps. Also it makes mention of this in the manual.
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline Chris Blom

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
Just to let you guys know after finishing the build of the E5 and solving some program issues[ thanks to help from people in this Forum]  with my Vbar and its governor the heli hovers really nice and smooth.I will have to take it to the field and see how this bird really flys ,but Iam already impressed so far-Chris Blom

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
Glad you have it in the air, now it's time to have some fun with it!
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Chris Blom

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »
I have not really flown a helicopter  untill like a day ago.My flying skills are rusty but I still feel a difference.It does not feel like my Trex 600E which felt heavy to me.And the E5 is has carbon frames which put me at ease knowing it wont fall apart on my hard landings that I sometimes have.I will have to ajust the Vbar to make it fly smoother but so far Iam liking this heli!