May 08, 2024, 03:29:48 PM

Author Topic: Heli-Invasion  (Read 2911 times)

Offline seldred

Heli-Invasion
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »
There are two events coming up on Sept 30-Oct 2 both called Heli Invasion. One of them is in Cartersville, GA and the other one is in Fredericksburg, VA. Originally I had planned on going to the one in Cartersville as it is a lot closer for me, but I think the one in VA would be more fun. Who out there is considering going to either of these events?

Offline Charles Rosario

• Field Representative
Re: Heli-Invasion
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:29 PM »
I've attended the VA heli invasion for the last few years and plan on going this year.  They put on a very good fun fly and I highly recommend anyone in the area attending.  The field is very nice but faces the sun in the morning.  There are a few flight stations behind the main area, facing west so in the morning its a good place to fly.  The corn is very close on the west side but that doesn't seem to bother too many people.

Charles

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
I'll be in VA this time around.

Matt

Offline Amy Botos

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
I didn't take many pictures at this event, but what I did take has now been posted on FB  8)

Offline seldred

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
Photos look good Amy! Wish I coulda made it to the Heli Invasion in VA! Looked like an awesome fun fly.

Offline fastone93

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
Nice pics, I wish you could have gotten a pic of Matt's face when I approached him (a total stranger) and asked him to come take a look at my Raptor 30 (which I don't have btw) that I had put a CGY-750 on. He was very nice and agreed, then I let him off the hook and told him I was just messing with him  ;)

Offline Amy Botos

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
Thanks Guys! Fastone93, Matt has helped countless people with 750 set up both in person and through email, on a variety of helicopters, so he would not have minded helping you one bit if you had been serious! The only time he ever gets irritated with helping someone is when they don't actually have any intention of learning / absorbing what he's showing them, and are totally unengaged in the whole process. But those people are few and far between, most are thrilled for the help and end up sharing it with others on down the road, which is what this hobby is truly all about. It would have been a great pic though  ;D