Synergy Electric Helicopters > E7SE Tips & Tricks

Building the Tail Box

(1/2) > >>

Matt Botos:
Specifically the tail box flange bearings. Due to normal machining tolerances, the tail box flange bearings are either a press fit which will required an arbor press to install or they are an interference fit which you can just press in with your thumb.  If the flange bearings require an arbor press to install you do not need to glue the bearings into place. If the flange bearings are easily installed/removed you will need to use thin CA to create a press fit. In order to do this, simply apply thin CA to carbon hole and let it wick into the layers of carbon. After the CA is dry, test fit the bearings into the tail box plate and vertical fin to see if you have a proper press fit.

Darren Lee:
Bump for a great tip.

I have noticed a tail hum lately on my E6 in overspeed conditions and it turns out the flange bearing in the tail box plate is very loose in the hole.  It probably wasn't as snug as it should have been initially and over time (200 flights) the hole has elongated.  Easy fix! :)

Kevin Feil:
Darren,

You better check that whole Heli out after the Thrashing you gave it in Orlando!! ;) Awesome Friday Night Spot light Flight!!

Kevin

Yanick Larouche:
Yes !

This tips are very important. Last year i crash my N5 because the flange bearing begin to roll in the G10. I can't do nothing for save my N5!

All of this happen in about 10 seconds !

Before each flight i check this part.

Take your time for do a good job guys !

Yan

JVZ:
So, we don't glue the bearings in; we are just making the hole I.D. smaller by applying the THIN CA so the bearings need to be pressed to fit in? Correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version