May 13, 2024, 10:51:47 PM

Author Topic: Venting/Saying hello to my new Family  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Venting/Saying hello to my new Family
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »
Hello ladies and gentleman my name is Jon I am 30 years old and I live down here in Abq NM.  For the last year and a half I have been really getting into model helicopters.  I started about four years ago playing around with several blade models but it wasn't until fall of 2012 that I purchased a helicopter bigger than a micro. The first heli I owned was a hirobo Sceadu 50 which didn't last long.  I realized after crashing fairly hard (flipped over in normal) that the thing had a lot of parts.  I then purchased a Min Air Fury 55 which I have flown fairly successfully until I began having some tail problems that seem unshakeable. What I mean by that is the belt comes off the pulley about ever 10th flight no matter what I do or how tight I get it or how loose it is or....... I replace everything associated with the tail evertime it goes down.  I also received a trex 600pro for christmas last year that I really put off trying to fly because I figured I would get the nitro thing down before I jumped into a whole other realm of things to learn. I recently took that plunge only to figure out that the 600pro is plaqued with the same frustrating problem of not being able to keep the tail spinning.  Only on this model its the fricken gears.  I can't tell you how upset I am with the crap.  I know people are out to make money but this is heartbreaking every time i pile a heli up due to a mechanical problem.  I am a mechanic by day and a heli flyer whenever I can, I hold and Airframe&Powerplant certificate and numerous Automotive Service Excellence certifications when I was in high school I came in 5th place in a Ford AAA trouble shooting competition which I was the top 2% of 20,000 people who entered. What I am trying to say is that of anybody I know I am able to follow directions to the t and have a good to excellent understanding of the mechanical and physics aspect of helicopters and airplanes. I am frustated with the tail shit I can not count how many times I have hit the dirt because of tail problems. I can on the other hand count the times I have crashed because of dumb thumbs 1 time. All the down time I have I spend on the simulator which I've logged 648hours on Real Flight 6.5 and 312hour on Phoenix 4.  I think I am obsessed has that happened to anybody else?  I decided 3 days ago after crashing my trex into my open trunk on my car that that was it. I am going home and ordering a different heli, starting over if you will.  I had my eye on a used Synergy E7 belt drive from Espirit models for a very reasonable 450 dollars. I ordered it and it will be here hopefully tomorrow.  If I can keep this thing in the air it will make me one happy dude.  So I guess I just wanted to vent and let every body know that if this thing is as good as all the stuff I hear read etc, I am gonna send Mr Botos and Mr Bennet some table dancers for Christmas.  My fingers are crossed guys I have faith in Synergy.  Happy flying guys talkin to you soon. :D

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Venting/Saying hello to my new Family
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:34:36 AM »
Welcome to the forums and to the Synergy family. The E7 is a fantastic machine and should you run into any questions there are many if us here to help. If you need any suggestions or guidance on electronics selection we can be of assistance as well.

Keep us updated and don't be a stranger! Again, welcome!
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »
Congrats and welcome!  Shoot me a PM with your address.  I'm pretty sure that I have an almost brand new Kevlar belt for the E7 that I'm not using since I upgraded mine to the TT setup.  You most definitely will want to be running the Kevlar belt.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »
ChapaWolf,

Send me an email, (matt at mattbotos.com) first order of business is to get you a shaft drive system for that helicopter! The belt was okay but does not hold a candle to the shaft drive system in place with the Synergy E7SE.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline Eric Lewis

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »
+1 on the Tube!   Welcome to the family!
Team Synergy
Team Rail Blades
Team KingKongHobbies.com