May 15, 2024, 03:22:37 AM

Author Topic: My official "questions about my n5c build" thread  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Pie

My official "questions about my n5c build" thread
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of my n5c build and will have plenty of questions being this is my first heli/nitro/ synergy build. I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm loving the quality. Coming from nitro and gas planes this is a different territory for me so I really appreciate any help I can get along the way.

I am installing my engine at this point ( os 55 hz) I just installed my fan hub, fan and clutch onto the engine. It seems I am having some clearance issues between my crankshaft and starting shaft. When I fit my engine into the frames and slide the one way bearing into the starter shaft. It seems like the crankshaft itself is hitting the starting shaft. Is the starting shaft adjustable up and down some how? I'm sorry if I am not explaining this clear enough. Thanks for any tips.

Brian

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Re: My official "questions about my n5c build" thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Its important to leave clutch bell assembly bolts loose at this time you will do the final alignment when you install main shaft and gear,  so don't force it but it isn't essential to have it friction free now.  Make sure you don't forget the spacers that go between the engine and engine mount, without those you will not get proper alignment.

Offline Pie

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
I have the clutch bell assembly loose. What I'm concerned about is the clearance between the crankshaft and the starting shaft. When I look at the clutch installed on the engine it seems that the end of the crankshaft protrudes into the one way bearing and when I fit it loosely into the the mounts and into the clutch bell/ starting shaft it seems like the crankshaft itself is hitting the starting shaft. Am I making sense?

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Ok yes sir you are making complete sense. My initial attempt installing the same motor went the same way. I used too thick of a spacing washer between the fan and the engine. Try a smaller one. Sorry I wasn't on the same page with you before :D  I am excited for you the N5C is unlike any .50 model I have ever flown!!