May 09, 2024, 04:28:01 PM

Author Topic: Beastx piro drift  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Pilot error

Beastx piro drift
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »
I'm waiting for my brain to come back from Italy.
In the mean time..

Does any one have a BX on there e5? If so what is your pot 1 set at? I'm getting a bad cyclic wobble in a medium speed piro all the way up to 2400. It looks real ugly. the head is setup perfect and the cg is correct. I've setup the BX a few times before and I always take care with g, j, k, l, and n.never use a! I'm useing the harder 3m gel tape. ( the thin clear stuff that msh sells)
 The cyclic is great in all other kinds of flight. The wobble gets better (smaller) with high 1 gain. But
I don't like how it flys with high head gain. ( it wags on the ali when I give full ele. I call it the fish flip)
What is your pot 1 set at?

My next thought was align pu gel.. 
Tried it, still wobbly.
Rail blades
Ds615m
Ds655m
6s 5200mah
Ice gov gain 10  hs 2200-2300-2400
Cyclic gain noon is to low, I've had it as high as 3:00
Hkiii 2540-1100kv 14 tooth p

I posted this on the other heli forum but I didn't get any help. 

Offline Pilot error

Re: Beastx piro drift
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
Solved. .. I think.. Man am I kicking my self. If I had really redone the set up fully top to bottom (as I just did) i would have found it right off the bat. I saw a gap as soon as I dropped a swash tool on it. I've been looking at the servo arms and the blade grips with my 0 Degrees tool. It seems I put too much trust in my first handy work. And now It was out 2 full turns on the Ali and one full turn on other two. It was 100% perfect the first setup I did! I'll redo the BX and I'm so sure it will hands off piro again. That's right again. It piroed perfect the first 20 flights or so. I really took note of how nice it tracked in a pirouette. Then I'm betting that the servos bedded into place after a few hard flights.

The align Digital pitch gage alone is not accurate enuf to do setup it needs to be used in tandem with a 0 degrees and swash leveler. Setup should be fully re checked after a new build after a few flights. A specially with servo grommets..