May 20, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Author Topic: Ok i am hooked, OFFICIALLY  (Read 946 times)

Offline James F

Ok i am hooked, OFFICIALLY
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »
Last year I flew my old 500pro more than my E5 after a link broke on the second flight.

This year I have to say my E5 is my goto heli.  I love the power in the 12cell setup. 

I logged more flights on it today.  I also found out today that the oldest packs I have are toast.  2 min in and coming out of a dive the low voltage cutoff kicks in, 3 min in on the second stick.  Luckily all the practice on the sim paid off.  Heli is still flying.  There is no shame in the packs as a friend had them first with over 130 cycles on each stick and I have flown them for over a year since.  Time for some new packs and more E5 time.

Ps.  If your wondering, the packs were spyder 3300mah 30c.   I hope the new ones will last as long.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: Ok i am hooked, OFFICIALLY
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:20:51 AM »
my 12S 5300ma spyders have lasted 2 years. they are finally beginning to fade now. i also didnt take as good of care of them as i should have, so they probably would have lasted longer. i can still use the packs to test with, just hover and diagnose things, but i cant 3D the crap out of them anymore......

pulse packs are great, TP are great, spyders are great, you have many options!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
I have been testing some
Packs called Onbo Power. They approached me about stocking them. Pretty good packs so far. Will share my experiences with those as the season progresses.

Cheers
Alan

Offline James F

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »
Interesting.  I am looking forward to hearing how they perform. 

What are the largest capacity packs being used in a 12cell 550? Eventually I will stretch this kit again or rebuild my original one as an E5s.  I definetly want to stay 12cell as it handles the wind that is normally present here alot better with the extra weight.