General > Rotor Blades

3 blade sets

<< < (2/3) > >>

Robert "Full" Montee:
Interesting thing I noticed at NATS this year with three blade sets. Some of the pilots were testing three blade sets where the blade chord was much less than we usually see with current two blade sets.

colemn615:
I would be more interested in a 3 blade tail setup.

10x:
Any more progress on the 3blade tail sets?

Mike Spano:
a true 3 blade set has completely different span and chord CG requirements to perform properly. they are much lighter too. simply matching up blades that were designed as 2 blade sets wont perform. they will fly, but they wont perform. I have been testing 3 blade setups on the E7SE for several months. now that helix blades are gone, there are no good blades left (I haven't tried aligns 3 blade set yet). I actually just disassembled the 3 blade setup and sold it yesterday. it is fun, feels great, flys differently (in a good way), but the lack of decent blades has made me back off of the project.

Rob Cherry:
Spano hit the nail on this one! Traditional blades simply matched into 3 blade set isn't optimal at all. Matt isn't going to do anything "Half-assed" just to bring something to market quickly. He'll do it right which requires a heavy investment of resources.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version