Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N7

N7 Maiden

(1/3) > >>

Racemwyatt:
This weekend was the maiden flight for my new N7.  Not everything went so good :(  First let me preface that I went over everything with a fine tooth comb. Friday night I double and triple checked my setup, install, gyro settings, battery charged, everything. Saturday morning at the field, checked everything again.

Now she's fueled up and ready to go. Time to start the engine: fuel line unpinched, check.  Vent line on, check. Double check throttle direction and at idle, check. Igniter on, check. Insert starter and push the button........ Nothing!!!! Just spins and spins. First thought was the one way was installed backwards.  But after further investigation it was correct.  After spraying it with denatured alcohol I did finally get it to catch and got the beast started. But it's very hit and miss.

So now she's ready and sitting pretty on the heli pad! Gradually start spooling her up and she spins like a top!  What the........ I shut her down and thought to myself, I know I double checked the rudder and gyro direction. Walked back to the table and check again, it's correct! --- for a heli with a counter rotating tail!!! Duh! I'm a dummy! Fixed that, fought with the starter again and finally had a successful maiden flight.

Now I'm prepping for the second flight. Start fueling her up, and POP, the fuel magnet blew off the end of the pickup line. CRAP! So I proceed to take the fuel tank apart and fix that. (Don't think I like this new fuel tubing I'm using) I was finally able to get four successful flights in, but I did notice I was leaking fuel.  I must damaged the fuel plug putting it back together. I also noticed the O ring for the vent line had swelled and the vent line was loose. What a day!!

So to my questions...
1.  What fuel tubing do you guys use in the tank?
2.  On page 3 of the manual it mentions using a sealant for the vent line. What is everyone using instead of the o ring?
3.  As for the start shaft; should I change both the one-way and the start shaft, or just the start shaft?
4.  Who has parts for sale? Is the Synergy store just for dealers? I created an account, but everything says "pending approval"..

Oh, by the way, she flew AWESOME!!!

mdu6:

--- Quote ---So to my questions...
1.  What fuel tubing do you guys use in the tank?
--- End quote ---

I'm using Hayes - always have been for the 10 last years.  It will stretch a bit from the initial length but it will last a long time.

--- Quote ---2.  On page 3 of the manual it mentions using a sealant for the vent line. What is everyone using instead of the o ring?

--- End quote ---

I'm using Goop

--- Quote ---3.  As for the start shaft; should I change both the one-way and the start shaft, or just the start shaft?
--- End quote ---

You did not say what went wrong with the start shaft !

--- Quote ---4.  Who has parts for sale? Is the Synergy store just for dealers? I created an account, but everything says "pending approval"..
--- End quote ---

Generic parts (shared with the N5/E7) should be available thru all regular dealers. I believe N7 specific parts should be slowly coming in.

Racemwyatt:
I'm assuming (you know what that does!) that the start shaft is out of tolerance. I pulled the motor and everything looks perfect. If you try to spin it by hand it catches like you'd expect. Can't find anything "wrong".

Rodney Kirstine:
Well, I'm glad the actual flights at least went well!

For fuel line inside the tank I used the tubing that came with the kit. I don't like the tubing I bought, either. I bought some tubing last night, locally, and I got the wrong size, doh!  On my N5C I have had really good luck with the clear-blue Dubro silicone tubing.

The account on the Synergy website just has to be activated at their end and then you should be able to order.

Sent from my MotoX via Tapatalk2

Jean-Luc Bolduc:
I use Hirobo clunk tubing 2513-073, super flexible, better than Hayes IMHO. For the one-way, probably needs to be de-greased and a few drops of Tri-Flow instead. The grease can harden up In colder temps and prevents locking.

For the vent fitting, marine silicone works for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version