May 05, 2024, 02:49:45 PM

Author Topic: Dual heli flight packs  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Mahfu

Dual heli flight packs
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm looking to get a 766.  To save a little cash and remain flexible I what to still use my flight packs in my Goblin 700.  I'm using the Goblin's battery tray system and I want it to work with the 766's system.  My goal is to be able to slide the flight pack into either heli without having to mess with anything to the battery ready.  Is anyone already using a dual heli setup for their packs?  I think I have some ideas on how to get this to work but I won't know for sure until I get the 766 to try it out.

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
  • Team FBL Rotors---Formerly Dyecocker1
Re: Dual heli flight packs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »
What are the dimensions of the current tray? Not likely that it will work that easily given the locking system used on the 766.
Dan Minick

Offline Mahfu

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »
The Goblin trays are about the same widths of the batteries but can extend past the back end of the batteries ~.75" - ~2".  The length of the batteries determines that overhang.  The Goblin trays get heat shrink wrapped to the bottom of the batteries.  I was thinking that would leave the top of the packs open to attaching the 766 trays.  One catch is that it looks like Synergy expects you to use two Velcro straps to go around the batteries.  I don't know if those straps will cause a problem when the packs are in the Goblin.  That is kind of the reason I'm putting this out there.  Being able to have the packs work in both helis or not likely won't prevent me from getting the 766.  I would just kind of like to know is someone already had experience with this.

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 08:53:04 AM »
Depending on the thickness of your packs you may be able to just flip the Goblin setup over and strap the Synergy pack on the back. Then when you want to fly Goblin just unstrap the Synergy tray. The Goblin tray will definitely fit between the Synergy frames, but wont be wide enough to use the rails in the 766. What size packs are you running?
Dan Minick

Offline Mahfu

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
I'm using 2 x 6S 5300mAh Packs.

Flipping over the packs could be a excellent idea.  The Goblin packs have studs on the bottom of them to locate them in the frame.  I could make holes for them in the 766 battery tray to easily and quickly locate the batteries.  That might mean I wouldn't necessarily have to get a bunch of 766 trays too.  Thanks.

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 01:18:24 PM »
I'm using 2 x 6S 5300mAh Packs.

Flipping over the packs could be a excellent idea.  The Goblin packs have studs on the bottom of them to locate them in the frame.  I could make holes for them in the 766 battery tray to easily and quickly locate the batteries.  That might mean I wouldn't necessarily have to get a bunch of 766 trays too.  Thanks.

That would actually be a better idea as the vertical height is the limiting factor in the 766.  And there is plenty of room above the tray for the studs to stick through. Either way. You should be able to make something work!
Dan Minick