July 02, 2024, 03:23:05 AM

Author Topic: E5 companion  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
E5 companion
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
I'm getting tired of the mini protos I just bought.  Had lots of issues trying to get it in the air. Then replaced a bunch of parts chasing down a vibe.  Yesterday the tail blew out a couple of times so fixed it.  Today on the first pack the tail blew out on tic tocs and I couldn't save it.  Not much damage, just a link came off but the new SAB 350 blades I bought are toast. 40 bucks gone.
I would like a smaller Heli that I can fly in more places than the E5.  What are some good options?  Hard to pick something that is close to as good as Synergy but it would be nice to have.  Should I even deal with 450s anymore?  I pretty much fly in a large enough field for the e5 but don't want a 6-700 size yet.   Anyone have experience with Gaui? I hate bringing up other brands but SYNERGY WON'T MAKE A 450!!!!!  The X3 is coming out and I've heard about the Forza. Going to work out to get some anger out.  I want this mini p gone, I don't even want to deal with it anymore.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: E5 companion
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
Maybe after the E7SE debuts, Matt can focus some energy into developing a decent 6S 450 size heli.  I bet he could come up with a 450 size game changing heli.   :)

Offline dpelletier

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
Beam E4 SE    I have the original version 1  pretty solid stuff

Compass Warp 360 seems to be popular I think its done with its growing pains
Dany -  Not on any Team  :( maybe some day :)
Synergy E5 CGY-750 (my favorite heli)
Furion 6 Flybarless, Skookum 720
Beam E4(v1) FBL, Skookum 540
Futaba 14sg

Inching my way out of being a newbie...

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
I've heard a lot about the warp. I want something reliable!!! Maybe now that the warp is done with the growing pains it would be the ticket. I think 2 years ago the mini p was the stuff, but I don't think they changed anything over the last 2 years.  Also someone said on HF that he spends a lot of time working on his mini p. I just don't have that kind of time to constantly tinker.  My available time must be on flying and maybe an hour every so often to check over things. That is why I sold the blade helis.   
Spoiled by the quality of Synergy helis.  It's a blessing and a curse.

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
Maybe after the E7SE debuts, Matt can focus some energy into developing a decent 6S 450 size heli.  I bet he could come up with a 450 size game changing heli.   :)

I (and many others) wish he would do a 450.

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
The Synergy E4.

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
For a second I got excited, thinking this would be a reality. 

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »
My guess is that the E7SE will not leave much room for upgrading.  I imagine KDE must hate it.   ;)  Also, the E7SE metal tail slider should be adaptable to the E5, so not much room for upgrading the E5 either beyond that, except for maybe the battery tray, but Ralph already took care of that.  The E5 can be stretched to E5s, and the E7/E7SE can be shortened to a E6, so not reason to waste effort on a specific E6.

There are lots of 3S 450s in the market, so Matt may not want to waste his time competing with that market.

Since Matt is an entrepreneur, I can only deduct that he must be working on a high-end 450 and/or 500 size kit designed to run on both 3S or 6S for customizability and with a TT tail drive.  That unique design along with the current popularity of the Synergy brand would corner the market for at least 8 to 15 months till the clones catch up.

I imagine that virtually all loyal Synergy customers would buy it, even those who would other dislike smaller helis, even if just for completion of the Synergy collection.  It would also be a nice natural progression for folks who are happy with the very popular RTF Blade 450X, but want to undergo the experience of building a real kit, but don't yet feel ready for a larger and more expensive helicopter.

My crystal ball says the Synergy E4 will be available by Thanks Giving 2013.  I guess only time will tell.

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »
Oh I see what you mean.  There really isn't much else left to improve upon with the new E7 and E5, so te next step would be a different platform.  I REALLY hope your crystal ball is right!

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
Looking at the Forza, might be pretty nice.  Still won't compete with a Synergy, but just want something reliable.

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
Found a new E325s for 349, but I'm worried I will be back in the same boat.  Couple of hundred dollars more for the Forza.  A thousand more for another E5s!

www.inner3.com