September 28, 2024, 09:17:24 PM

Author Topic: E7SE Feathering shaft bolts -- How to remove them without injuring hands?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
I am planning on ordering the E7SE kit.  It is my understanding that this E7SE comes with similarly tight feathering shaft screws as the E5's.  I just purchased a set of 4mm T-handle hex drivers, so I can removed the E5 feathering shaft screws.

What size hex driver will I need for the E7SE feathering shaft bolts?  Are they the same screws as the E5?

flyalan

E7SE Feathering shaft bolts -- How to remove them without injuring hands?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »
They are the same. Also suggest you buy one of the grippy tools.
The bolts are not that hard to remove with the right tools. T handles are the way to go. A lyittle heat helps also.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Darren Lee

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
The E5 head I assembled a couple weeks ago didn't have any thread lock on the spindle bolts.
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Morgan Fuel

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Also suggest you buy one of the grippy tools.  The bolts are not that hard to remove with the right tools. T handles are the way to go. A lyittle heat helps also.

Good to know that the T handle 4mm hex will work with both the E5 and the E7SE.

I have a Weller WESD51 Soldering Station; about the best money can buy.  I have a wide tip on it.  Even if I heat the screws to 800°, the screws won't loosen.  The only thing that's work for me is to torch the screws.  I was still only able to get one of the screws out; I just left the other screw alone.  Yes, I have all four size Grippy's, and I was still not able to get the other screw off.  I have two E5 kits; same experience with both.

I enjoy an excellent flying experience with the E5 Synergy kits, and expect the same with the E7SE kit.  However, I don't look forward to having to remove the feathering shaft bolts.

flyalan

E7SE Feathering shaft bolts -- How to remove them without injuring hands?
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »
Just because your soldering iron registered 800 degrees does not mean that temp was seen at the threads of the bolt.  If needed a small butane torch works well.
To be honest I hear these comments but I have yet to experience this. I am about to embark on about my tenth Synergy new kit build. Never had any issues with using t-handles. 

Cheers
Alan

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
If you have these tools or similar quality , you'll remove them bolts. 4 mm T handles and a grippy.

http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/334serie.htm
Team Synergy