September 28, 2024, 11:21:51 PM

Author Topic: E7 Servo 2 Swash Links  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
E7 Servo 2 Swash Links
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »
Hey guy I'm about to put in a order for the final touches on my E7.  Its not the special edition.  I need to figure out the length of the servo to swash plate linkages. I bought this model used and they forgot to put them in.  On a different note, what exactly is the difference between the SE and the E7?  Thanks for the help.

Jon

flyalan

Re: E7 Servo 2 Swash Links
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »
Jon,

They are 43mm links. Part number 107-043.

Feature changes in the SE:

Low profile head block
Swash phasing arms mount directly to the head block
121T main gear optimized high efficiency ratio 10.08
Adjustable tail gear ratio
Aluminum tail pitch slider assembly
Aluminum motor mount side plates aid motor cooling
Easy to install metal tail push rod ends
Helical gear now uses the same helical angle as the E5
Key chain canopy mounting system
SE Canopy

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:36 AM »
Thanks Alan! That's exactly what I was looking for. Tell me what you think of this I am trying to decide between the Neu Heli 700 3D 510KV and the KDE700xf-495kv.  Same price almost exactly, I want my motor to be efficient and powerful, weight will take a back seat to the power and efficiency,  most importantly I need something that is smooth and reliable.  Have heard all good things on both to this point.  I have the 696 Rail main blades 4400mah 12s and 5000mah 12s flight packs and the castle 160 ice2.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
If your ICE2 160HV is just sitting idle while you are waiting for parts, consider swapping it for the EDGE series at a discount from Castle.  The bigger capacitors alone on the EDGE may be worth it.  Also, if you are using the FBL unit governor, the EDGE's integrated 4th wire keeps the wiring much neater. 

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 06:36:05 AM »
Thanks Alan! That's exactly what I was looking for. Tell me what you think of this I am trying to decide between the Neu Heli 700 3D 510KV and the KDE700xf-495kv.  Same price almost exactly, I want my motor to be efficient and powerful, weight will take a back seat to the power and efficiency,  most importantly I need something that is smooth and reliable.  Have heard all good things on both to this point.  I have the 696 Rail main blades 4400mah 12s and 5000mah 12s flight packs and the castle 160 ice2.

I have used neither motor.  Neu is from what I hear top of the line.  KV wise I would lean toward the Neu.  The higher KV will give you better flexibility if you are wanting to run above 1950.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:40:01 AM »
Ok I am gonna order today I appreciate the advice on the speed control and the motor I will let you guys know what I end up with here soon.

Jon Mills

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 06:45:05 AM »
Maybe the ICE2 160HV is just fine.  However, after having a capacitor come off the ESC for no apparent reason, I lost a little faith in it.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
The one thing I don't like about the KDE-495 motor (I have 2 of them) is that it can let you develop bad habits with collective management.  The motor doesn't bog, so you can fly like with an overpowered simulator helicopter.

Oh, wait a minute.  Isn't that a good thing?   ;)

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 05:19:05 AM »
I like the Idea of the rpm or sensor hook up. Can you tell me what I would need to do in order to get a upgrade at   a discounted price?  I am planing on wiring a cap pac in parallel with this esc (worked great on my car stereo system).  I think castle makes a good product, I have a Phoenix ice 80hv on the trex600pro.  The 80hv has taken a serious hit before and came out unscathed.  I mean serious, it was probably 40ft away from the main wreckage and 20ft away from the burning batteries.  I like the KDE and was planning on using your advice, 495kv instead of 395kv.  But now I am really leaning towards the NEU motor. I think because on the TDR Henseleit it propelled that thing to 147mph forward flight with a straight trajectory. Here is the link http://vimeo.com/espritmodel

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
I corresponded with Patrick yesterday.  He told me that Castle should soon be releasing a firmware version that is optimal for the KDE motors.  Some folks are already testing this firmware, and the results seem to be positive.  So, it seems that Castle ESC's and KDE motors make a good combination, so maybe a good reason to go with the KDE motor.

I discussed with Castle the process of exchanging an ICE series for a similar sized EDGE series at a discount.  They told me that Castle completely discontinued the ICE series, and they no longer have a single ICE ESC to exchange.  Therefore, if you send the ICE ESC for repair, all they would do is send you back an EDGE controller by default.  The cost of exchanging an ICE2 160HV (regardless of whether it works or not) for an EDGE 160HV is $155.00.  They also told me that this is not a limited time offer.  So, I plan to exchange most of my other ICE controllers once the flying season is over during the Winter.

BTW, the ICE2 160HV had 470uF capacitors.  The EDGE 160HV has 680uF capacitors.

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
Thanks for the info bud, by the way I ordered the........... KDE700xf-495 today and I am fricken excited!!!  Can't hardly wait! I think I will do the controller swap as soon as possible.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
If you use the FBL unit governor, The EDGE series also keep the wiring neater.  I just finished replacing an ICE2 160HV on my Whiplash with an EDGE 160HV.  Since I no longer need the Hobby Wing RPM sensor, there is a lot less wire clutter.