September 29, 2024, 03:27:25 AM

Author Topic: E7SE with BK servos, new Torq tail  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
E7SE with BK servos, new Torq tail
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Finished my build and after a test hover yesterday I put the heli through its paces.  Unbelievable response!!!  I still have a little tuning to do but this heli is awesome.  If anyone is on the verge of getting an E7se and still deciding on servos, check out the new BK servos and the new torq tail servo. 
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: E7SE with BK servos, new Torq tail
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »
Glad to hear you are having a good experience with those servos.  Are you using a BEC or a receiver pack?

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 03:44:45 PM »
I'm using a receiver pack.  I'm thinking about switching out the futaba servos for the BK servos on the E5 that is running a bec.  That won't be for awhile, I want to take advantage of the summer and fall flying weather.  I came close to running the new torq servos on the cyclic but wanted an easy fit.  Plus I was sold after a great talk with Bert about the servos.  I sold a goblin 500 so I could buy the E7se and the guy who bought the g500 had an issue with the bk tail servo.  They initially said to send it in and they would exchange it, but then they wrote back and asked for his address and said they would send him a new servo in addition to repairing the other one he would send in.  That confirmed by decision even more.

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »
The reason I asked about the BEC vs receiver pack is that I hear that some servos are not as efficient as others, and tend to cause brown-outs with BEC's.  I don't have any issues with either the Futaba HV brushless or the MKS HV brushless servos running on the BEC Pro.  I was able cause a brown-out at the bench with the Align DS610/650 with the VBar Paddle Simulation and Pitch Pump set to 100.  I am just wondering how efficient the BK servos are, and whether they could potentially cause a brown-out when powered via a BEC.

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
Hmmm, I'm not sure.  I did have the torq mini and bk tail running on a talon 90 for the g500 I sold and never had a brown out.  With the futaba servos on the e5 I haven that any issues with the bec pro either.  Hopefully I won't have to find out either.
By the way, I blame you for getting this 6 months earlier than planned lol. (You started talking about holiday deals)  But after flying it now I thank you!

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 05:24:59 PM »
I may not know how to fly, but I am a sucker for good deals.   :D