June 17, 2024, 09:01:35 AM

Author Topic: Another broken belt crash  (Read 2005 times)

Offline phenry1206

Another broken belt crash
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »
This is my 2nd belt related crash. I have 2 other Senergy owners looking over my set up. This one is a re-kit. Both failures have been in high speed flight.
I am probably done with the E7 if a torque tube kit is not going to be available. I may be done with Synergy anyway.
I would recommend grounding your birds until the torque tube is available.
Photo is to large to attach and I am not going to mess with it.
Parts list,

Both main frames
Main gear
Bearing blocks
Main shaft
Feather shaft
Main blades
Tail of course
Links
Battery straps

Offline seldred

Re: Another broken belt crash
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:17 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune  :-[  The belt seems to be a 50/50 shot, either you have good luck with it or you don't.  I hope you give the E7 a chance with the torque tube. It does make a noticeable difference. I know the wait has been dragging out, but Matt has done an incredible job making sure he got the torque tube PERFECT. We should be seeing them arrive soon! (Bear with me on this, I know it's starting to seem like the wait keeps dragging on but sometimes these things get held up in customs or take time to ship from the shop)

Best Regards,
-Steve Eldred

Offline phenry1206

Re: Another broken belt crash
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:39:31 PM »
My 2nd belt lasted 4 flights. I was going to check it often and replace it. So much for that plan.
At this point it comes down to the money. This heli was expensive the 1st time. Not sure
I will do it again.
I will see how I feel tomorrow.