June 22, 2024, 10:12:30 PM

Author Topic: Washout control arms.  (Read 1327 times)

Offline mrc3

Washout control arms.
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
Had a very mild crash due to a stuck servo the other day.  I run low headspeed (2K RPM) on the E5-s, and the crash was into a plastic mesh fence, very little damage.  1 Tail blade, Tail bell crank, and both washout control arms.  A bit puzzled by the washout control arm damage as it seems the only thing that would cause those to bend is swash inertia.  I ended up making a mistake ordering the replacement part and only ordering one because the picture for the arms shows two of them in the picture (in order to show both sides) and the price seemed fairly reasonable for two :),  I failed to notice the lack of an (s) on the word "arm" in the part name :)

Question for Matt, is it possible to redesign the arm to be a bit beefier and perhaps introduce a sacrificial part in the linkage that is a bit less expensive to build/replace?  (Perhaps the link that attaches to the swash from the arm?)

Also, perhaps modify the part picture to only include 1 part in the view for idiots like myself who don't read as carefully as they should :)

Thanks,
Mike

flyalan

Re: Washout control arms.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:54 AM »
Mike,
The last arms I ordered did come two to a pack and the dealer site does show 2pcs per pack,  Where did you purchase those?
Cheers
Alan

Offline mrc3

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
From Ralph.

Offline Maxturbine

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »
Mike was taken care of the minute the call was made.

Ralph

Offline mrc3

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
Umm, please ignore this thread :)

Was a packing error that has since been straightened out and with the quantity of arms per package doubling from my initial perception, I see no reason to modify the engineering.

Mike

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »
Ralph is always on top of things!
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com