September 28, 2024, 09:25:41 PM

Author Topic: Electronics Advice  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Electronics Advice
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
I have been browsing the crap out of the forums and I noticed not a lot of people are using KDE motors.  Do they suck, is there something I am missing?
 These are the parts I have and I plan on using them on the E7

Futaba Cgy750
Futaba 9352HV x3 cyclic servos
Futaba bls256  rudder servo

I have a Beastx I could use but would rather stick with the same brand + I have great luck with Futaba

These are my projected parts I am going to purchase to power the beast
Castle Creation Phoenix edge 160hv
KDE 700xf-395KV Brush less motor

I currently own 12s 4400mah 35c glacier flight pack
I am also wanting to purchase 4 6s 4400mah 45c glacier flight packs.  I have around 40 cycles on the packs I own now and they are literally rock solid. 

I am a decent flyer I haven't make it to smack but I enjoy fast flight, loops, rainbows, etc. 

In case any body was wondering these are the specs for the 9352hv servos

SPECS:                    6.6V                     7.4V
          Speed:     0.07 sec/60°             0.06 sec/60°
          Torque:    272.2oz/in (19.6kg/cm)   305.6oz/in (22kg/cm)
          Size: 1.59 x 0.83 x 1.47" (40.5 x 21 x 37.4mm)
          Weight: 2.54oz (72g)

Please advise me on my selection I have no problem with brand bashing or changing anything I just want to get the right stuff the first time.  I choose a powerful motor so I don't need an upgrade in the near future.  I don't think my skill level will allow me to push any of the above choices at this point. Thank you for all your help in advance. Happy flying!

One other thing I have an urge to send all my used Futaba Components back to them to for the sake of them making sure they work 100%.  This includes my radio which is a T8FGS.  They all seemed to work flawlessly when installed on my other models but have seen a couple of crashes.  Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to do so?

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Electronics Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »
Looks like an awesome setup! I personally haven't had  problem with a KDE motors. I built a Trex 550 for a friend with a KDE on a CC Phoenix 100 8s setup and its beast! He has almost 2 years on it so far turning 2450 HS
Field Representative

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
After seeing a couple of E7s fly with KDE motors in them at a fun fly earlier this year, I would definitely have to consider one if I was building a new kit or replacing my motor. They seemed very powerful.

I haven't had much luck getting the governor on the cgy-750 to work on an electric but I like the way they fly and the governor is great on my nitro.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk 2

Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »

To the contrary.  The KDE motors are excellent.  They are powerful, yet efficient.  They have quad bearings, run really true, and are very well balanced.  The shafts come with flat spots, although I have had to extend the flat spots on some of the shafts.  They don't require any maintenance; no need to re-lube the bearings after every 6-10 or so flights.

Of the KDE motors, the KDE-495 is the more commonly used for 700 size helicopters on 12S.  I believe the lower Kv motors like the KDE-395 and KDE 295 are better suited for 14S and 16S applications or particularly low head speed applications.

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »
I have two of the KDE 700XF 495s, one in an Align and the other in an E7se.  They have tons of power and torque.  I made the mistake of running the one in the Align with their white main gear and on a pitch pump it stripped all the teeth clean off the main...
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com