September 28, 2024, 09:19:15 PM

Author Topic: e7 tail pully question on belt drive  (Read 1021 times)

Offline quantummodz

• always looking for that something special
    • quantummodz.com
e7 tail pully question on belt drive
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:07:26 AM »
hi all
recently got a second hand synergy E7 belt drive. Only has a few flights on it was sat a while so i have been braking down head and tail to re grease bearings and make sure all is smooth. i had the mikado belt upgrade already.

to my question

the tail pully i noticed last night was not smooth. what i mean when the tail is assembled and i spin the tail it feels as though the tolerance is to much so it causes friction

i wandered if anyone else had noticed this and maybe sanded down the sides of the pully to ensure a smooth spin of the tail
if i half a turn the spacer button head screws it spins a lot easier hence why i ask about sanding the pully sides to ensure the correct fit ??
cheers

TEAM CHOCOLATE - smooth and taste heli flying

flyalan

e7 tail pully question on belt drive
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 05:24:06 AM »
I have never needed to do that or heard of the need.
Have you checked to be sure the tail shaft bearings are fully seated? Also the bolt for the idler should not be tightened down completely. You should be able to turn the bolt by hand. This could be causing the binding at the pulley.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline quantummodz

• quantummodz.com
Re: e7 tail pully question on belt drive
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »
yes i had not seem it mentioned before

yes the idler is loose (turn bolt with hand )

ill double check the bearings are seated flush again

i presumed it should spin with hardly any resistance but there is definatley some there at the moment

it seems to be when off the heli coming from the tail pulley being kind of squeezed when all is tightened up so ill check bearing seating first.

i will double check it again and report back thanks for reply

tail case built and checked per manual so i no ive not missed a shim or a setup step
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:34:39 AM by quantummodz »

Offline quantummodz

• quantummodz.com
Re: e7 tail pully question on belt drive
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:03 AM »
resolved thanks

when i took it apart i noticed that there was a raise around the holes in the carbon so anyway i cleaned them up and refitted fits like a glove now. thanks

i was hoping it removed the squeak i can hear in flight the pitch changes depending on what im doing but its always there so i broke down the heli and tried each part to see if i could pick up the sound on the bench

i think ive found where the noise is coming from the one way bearing is squeaking when i rotate it faint but its there

so ill hae to replace as i do not have a spare must be because of being sat in storage a while thats all i can guess before i flew it again