September 28, 2024, 12:29:27 PM

Author Topic: E7SE Battery Tray  (Read 6855 times)

flyalan

Re: E7SE Battery Tray
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
Just a follow up, I try my damnedest today to shake loose a stick pack with 3 Scorpion straps on it today (and nothing else) without any luck!  It sure made it easier inserting batteries without the Velcro catching as you try to position...

Glad to hear it! 

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 04:49:39 PM »
A KDE battery tray would be cool. The Goblin one is cool.

I have the KDE tray in my Goblin 770. The E7 frames are 4mm wider inside diamention than the Goblin, so it would only take 2mm spacers either side to use the KDE tray.
Rob Bingham

Offline stevehof

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
Those of you who don't want to use Ralph's nice trays. Before I got the trays I Velcro'd the bottom of the battery tray and used a home made shoehorn made of stiff cardboard to easily slide the batteries in then just pull out the 'shoehorn' and let the batteries settle on the Velcro. Two straps all the way around the frame, one per battery is all I used and if you are generous with the Velcro on both batteries and tray, they ain't comin' outta there... To get the batteries out, just pop them loose from below and hold them off the Velcro as you slide them out. You could also use the shoehorn method to release the batteries if you used a thin stiff material, other than cardboard for your 'shoehorn'. The shoehorn just needs to be the same width and length of your Velcro on the bottom tray.

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »
Those of you who don't want to use Ralph's nice trays. Before I got the trays I Velcro'd the bottom of the battery tray and used a home made shoehorn made of stiff cardboard to easily slide the batteries in then just pull out the 'shoehorn' and let the batteries settle on the Velcro. Two straps all the way around the frame, one per battery is all I used and if you are generous with the Velcro on both batteries and tray, they ain't comin' outta there... To get the batteries out, just pop them loose from below and hold them off the Velcro as you slide them out. You could also use the shoehorn method to release the batteries if you used a thin stiff material, other than cardboard for your 'shoehorn'. The shoehorn just needs to be the same width and length of your Velcro on the bottom tray.

I purchased some of Ralph's trays, just had not gotten around to installing them and modifying the canopy to fit the tray buckle (and still sharing some packs with other birds).  Always interested in reading how everyone else comes up with solutions (being the only Synergy flier at my field).
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »
Does anyone have pictures of how Ralph's tray is installed and pics of the mod needed for the canopy?
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Does anyone have pictures of how Ralph's tray is installed and pics of the mod needed for the canopy?

http://fblrotors.3dcartstores.com/FBL-ROTORS-Battery-Tray-Setup_ep_48.html
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »

http://fblrotors.3dcartstores.com/FBL-ROTORS-Battery-Tray-Setup_ep_48.html

Thanks for that link.  I bought a tray but had no idea there was an online manual - I wish Ralph would have posted that on the page you order the tray from.  The page in the link references "a photo below" but I didn't see any.  I really don't want to cut a hole in my canopy and I'm using a separate receiver and I strap it to the top of the front 6S battery and the tray makes it too thick anyway.

curmudgeon,
I really like your non-skid idea.  This will make it easier to get the batteries in and out and will be easier to strap them in.  Thanks for posting your pics!
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
Thanks.  I have not finished the E7SE yet, but I have the non-skid battery surface ready to go.  I left a small crevice for the two front button head screws.

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
I have a TDR that uses 2 x 6S packs and had 3 CF battery trays from http://www.cr-modelltechnik.de/rizub.htm
I cut off the front ring that is used to pull the tray out to make it fit my Synergy E7 and TDR, I often take both flying so this arrangement is ideal.
I use 2 Mikado rubber covered straps for use i both heli's, never had a battery move.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR