September 28, 2024, 09:18:44 PM

Author Topic: Cyclic Servos  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
Cyclic Servos
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »
Well, as fate would have it I fell in love with my first Synergy (E7se), and found a used air frame!  So, I have the choice between using the same Align BL700H/BL750H servos as my first build, or changing it up and using a spare set of Outrage Torq servos (BL9180/BL9188).  Thoughts?  The rest will most likely be vBar Silverline and KDE 700XF 495.
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Cyclic Servos
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
My thoughts are that you made a kick-ass decision!  :D  Welcome to the Synergy family!

I don't have any experience with either of those servos but I do believe I recall reading that if you're going to use the Torq servos you are going to need to shim them just a bit or the cases will interfere with each other when installed.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
It is my understanding that Torq servos are rebrands of the MKS servos.  I use the MKS servos on my Whiplash, and they work very nicely at 7.5V via a CC BEC Pro.  I have not tried them at 8.0V.

On the E5 and E7SE, its is my understanding that these servos require shimming for the right and left cyclic servos, so the rear of the servos don't contact each other.  It seems that a single layer of Synergy part 106-115  placed between the aluminum block and the servo provides enough shimming.

Here is a pic of Torq servos from another member installed with these shims on the E7SE.  Notice how the rear of the servos are close, but do not physically touch.

Here is a pic comparing the Futaba HV (The ones Matt seems to prefer) and MKS HV servos side by side.  Notice how the MKS are substantially deeper than the Futabas

Regarding the Align and Savox servos, it is my understanding that they consume more current (stall current) and have higher likelihood to brown out a BEC.  So a separate 2S pack may be a safer option to run the electronics with those servos.

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
Congrats and welcome to Synergy! If it were me, I'd be going with the Outrage servos you mentioned. Please feel free to share photos and videos as you move along and never hesitate to ask any questions.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
Welcome to the Synergy family!

You absolutely cannot go wrong with the Outrage Torq servos.

Mark

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
I have a lot of experience with Futaba I am going to run the 9352hv on the E7.  But the 9352 have worked flawless for me and are really efficient as far a consumption, real fast 0.05 7.4v, and fairly powerful 330lb/in at 7.4v.

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »
Welcome to the Synergy family!

You absolutely cannot go wrong with the Outrage Torq servos.

Mark

Yes, that was my thought also.  Unfortunately, I was too lazy to swap out the Torq servos off another helicopter, the Aligns were sitting in a drawer!!!  The second E7se should be flying this weekend...  Now I just have to stop buying Synergy helicopters - I'll have to wait on the E5s!

Heli came packed well, and it was simple to get all together, just need to setup the vBar tomorrow...
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com