July 06, 2024, 08:25:18 PM

Author Topic: new E5 owner, yay  (Read 3013 times)

Offline chrismechanic

new E5 owner, yay
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:45 AM »
hi all.
         i have nearly finnished my E5 build, unfortunatly my main grips where damaged during transit.

seems like the box was dropped and the main shaft has impacted the main grips and caused damage to one grip where the grip arm slot was cut, it folded the edges over so the arm wont fit in the slot no more.
i think the kit could have been packed better to prevent issue's like this, a few squares of cardboard between bags would have done the job.

i would post up a pic but i do not seem to be able to... ???

anyway, i got the kit from fastlad so they are sending me out some new grips  :)

so far the build is going well, this is my 5th build.

im using align (sorry i dont mean to swear  ;D) ds610's on the cyclic for now and i dont have any round servo horns, can anyone recommend where or what i can use to mate up with the carbon horns that come with the kit?
thanks,
chris

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: new E5 owner, yay
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum and to the Synergy family Chris.

Sorry to hear that you have damaged goods in your box, glad and not surprised it's being taken care of. You will love to fly Synergy. Don't worry about your DS610's I have a buddy who has close to 1000 flights on these in a E7, therefore no worries.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
Hi Chris,

That's a bummer about the damage. :(

Here are the servo wheels you want.  http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id=11522  The Align servos have the same output spline as Futaba.  The nice thing about that is that the carbon fiber arms that Matt designed are meant for use with the Futaba wheels.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline matt_c_25

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »
me too I'm using ds610s on cyclics. was running the align mx600 1220 motor with a longer shaft but it suffered after a couple of flights, a couple of magnets came unstuck! so now got a scorpion. you will not be disappointed with the e5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:52 AM »
thanks for the reply's guys.

i knew the 600mx wont cut it, its the wrong kv so i got a second hand scorpy 1100kv coming for a steal at £50.00.
i will run the heli on 6s for now as im taking electrics off my old 550e and using them, i will go 12s eventually.

thanks for the link rodney, i see in the manual the recomendations for futaba servos but they are too much money, i dont really like paying that for a servo  ;D.

im allready enjoying the E5, i am a mechanic and an engineer so i can see how much effort has gone into the design and coming from less quality helis the build is a joy, i cant wait to chuck it around the sky.

just need my grips and the servo horns...
thanks,
chris

Offline tek18x

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Congrats man!  :)

Lets see some pics
Gaui X3 and Synergy E5
Vbar all around
Dx8

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »
the build is on hold until my grips get here.
not sure what to do with the servo wires becasue the servo horns and links are not on yet, i am putting the beastx on the tray above the boom which means they are very close, i need to tuck those servos wires out of the way.
has anyone had issues with the fbl controller up there??

i will be taking plenty of pics of this beast..it is such a good looking heli.
chris

flyalan

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
Chris,

I mount all my FBL controllers above the tail boom without any problems.

I will post a pick on how I handle the extra wires without cutting them down...

cheers

Alan

flyalan

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
I have done my wiring numerous ways including wire loom and shortening servo wires.  I have gone back to a much simpler approach.  I determine the length needed on the servo wire.  Double the wire back on itself until I get the length desired.  I then slide some 1/4 - 3/8" heat shrink tubing over this section of wire.  I use 1/4" - 3/8" rings of tubing and at least two pieces per wire bundle.  Shrink them down and the bundle is then just zip tied in place. 
This makes for a very simple and neat layout.  If I need access to any wires I don't have to hassle with the wire loom.

This may not be as neatly done as wire loom but it is much easier to deal with.  IF you are interested in using loom then  www.wirecare.com is a good source.

Cheers

Alan

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:08:26 AM by flyalan »

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
thanks Alan,
                      that is pretty much what I had in mind, there is a lot of wire left over when the servo's are that close to the fbl controller.

I don't bother to loom up the wire's as it makes removal of a single servo such a pita. but I do like to hide as much wire as possible for a clean look to the heli. nothing worse than wire's all over the outside of the frame.
cheers,
Chris

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »
I got my replacement grips through the post today... woo hoo.
A big big thanks to fastlad performance, your customer service is A1 as allways  8)

The machining on this is so well in tolerance, the bearings just slide in the grips but if its a tiny bit off centre it will jam.

I cant say anything else but perfect.. A1    :)

Also, i said in my intro post that there is nothing i would change on this heli, sorry guys but i found 1.

holes in the tail grips to grease the tail thrust bearings, apart from that its a win from me..
chris.

flyalan

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »
I got my replacement grips through the post today... woo hoo.
A big big thanks to fastlad performance, your customer service is A1 as allways  8)

The machining on this is so well in tolerance, the bearings just slide in the grips but if its a tiny bit off centre it will jam.

I cant say anything else but perfect.. A1    :)

Also, i said in my intro post that there is nothing i would change on this heli, sorry guys but i found 1.

holes in the tail grips to grease the tail thrust bearings, apart from that its a win from me..
chris.

Maybe Matt will put that on his to do list..  Those holes would have to be pretty small though  ;)

Cheers

Alan

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 07:49:36 AM »
i may drill them myself seeing as i got the machinery to do the job well.

i just had a maiden test hover in the garden at 2100 rpm... wow what a sound  8) awesome is an understatement.

im loving the way you can get the cog smack on with the lipo position.

im going to the park....  ;D
chris.