June 26, 2024, 04:34:59 AM

Author Topic: Required Tightness - Jesus Bolt  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Required Tightness - Jesus Bolt
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »
I still don't have a ton of flight time on it yet but the last time I flew it, it sounded amazing throughout the entire RPM range and was making a ridiculous amount of power.

I'm hoping I can get a new needle valve seat for my 105 soon.  I like that motor, even when it's running rich, so it should be really nice when it's tuned better.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
yes sir, i have the new seat in mine, and even before that new seat it had more power than i need.....i have begun to fall in love with the nitro thing.....i am considering replacing my electrics with nitro, but i really love the E5. i cant stand buying packs, it blows my mind how much good packs cost...lol. and i really love liquid fuel. i flew a buddys N5C, i was not a huge fan of it though, seemed way under powered. it may have been his machine though, but it seemed too sluggish for  my flight style with the smaller heli. my E5 is a rocket, almost too fast at times. my N7 is a rocket too....wish i could get that package in a smaller 500-550 size machine (synergy brand) that i could fly at my field by the house. its too small for the N7, almost to small for the E5S honestly....

glad yours is working out for you though, the guys around here were not happy with it in a hover...
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »
I changed the jesus bolt a while back so that it is now impossible to overtightened. The nut will bottom out on the shoulder approximately 0.5mm before completely closing the gap. Do not try to close the gap, you will strip something.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline MadBird

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »

I changed the jesus bolt a while back so that it is now impossible to overtightened. The nut will bottom out on the shoulder approximately 0.5mm before completely closing the gap. Do not try to close the gap, you will strip something.

Thanks,

Matt

So the new Jesus bolt will have a small amount of sideways play when it's not loaded up?

Sent from my Electronic Appendage!