September 28, 2024, 01:12:11 PM

Author Topic: crashed my E5 :(  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Randy

crashed my E5 :(
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
Well its been awhile since I have cashed one of my helis and even brought both of them back IRCHA in one piece lol. Anyway it was all my fault I got it in a wierd position and just dumb sticked it and it went in tail first very hard and fast its the first time I have had to just order another kit and use the old one for spare parts :'( only thing that wasnt broke was the main blades and one side frame. Even bent the swash  :o I just cant believe some of the things that it has destoyed.  and best thing out of it was my canopoy. I had bought a new canopy at IRCHA and my E5 has the N7 type canopy mounts so I guess it let it come off or it would have torn it off. And then the next dayI go out to burn some fuel Iin my N7 which now only has around 15 flights on it, so I get it up and flying do a few high speed runs and then started to do some mild 3d when the tail started wagging a bit but befor I could do anything the tail went out but believe it or not landedbthat sucker whew!!!!!!! ??? Anyway it was the rjx tail servo and it may have went out due to bottoming out. But not reall sure on that. But called helidirect and they said no problem and I sent the old one and they sent back a new one I think that is some great service thanks helidirect.
Thanks Randy
Randy Woods

Offline James F

Re: crashed my E5 :(
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:22 PM »
It sucks having a heli down.  Hope your rebuild goes fast.

Offline Randy

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
Thanks new E5 kit be here tomorrow :)
Randy Woods

Offline James F

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:48:52 PM »
I picked up a used airframe to fix mine.   Couldn't afford a new kit.  Just going through tearing down the entire frame, checking bearings and greasing them.  So far I need to replace a tt bearing, phase arm, and one main.  Two were damaged from my E5 incident.  The main bearing I found to be notchy in the used frame so I just pulled one from my other parts.  Hoping to test fly it this weekend.

Offline Roger

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »
That sucks Randy.  Sorry to hear about the crash!!

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline helimike

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
Sorry about your crash Randy, it happens.   I know the feeling, I hate having a bird down.

Offline James F

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »
On the bright side it can be rebuilt :)  always have to look for the bright side.

Offline Randy

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »
Yes you are rite it can be rebuilt be unfortunately this thing was so bad I just had to get a new kit cause it got one frame side one main bearing block and totally destroyed the tail only thing I could have used from the tail would be the side plates and the spacer blocks I couldn't believe how bad it waded up the tail box its self im pretty sure one of the blades hit it. Anyway  On the good side of things at least I do have a bunch of spare parts now lol.
Randy Woods

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 02:58:48 PM »
yes, that sucks man. i re-kited an E5 a few months ago...ESC went up in smoke and somehow managed to fry my BEC in the process (guess the wires arching). just had to watch it fall....bad feeling...

Saturday, that same E5 (the re-kited one with the same electronics) went in too. pack came unplugged doing aileron tick tocs....WTH! lol  i have to be the luckiest dude in the hobby though. it only broke one main blade, a boom support, and bent the head axle....the head axle was bent at roughly a 30 degree angle though, so i replaced the whole head just to be safe...

it really sucks, but it is part of it! enjoy the re-build man!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline James F

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Just finished my rebuild and am waiting on a rx pack and ec5's so I can test it out forma second maiden.  Wrote off the original on its maiden.  I do know one thing, I like building heli's a bit more than flying them.   Hopefully this one sees lots of flights with no issues.  I don't do any hard 3d or low cutting of the grass  so I normally get hundreds of flights until bearings or something need replacing.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
good deal dude! glad to hear that! trust  me, that bird will fly a long time before it needs anything done to it. the only thing i have done to mine is re-build them! lol  ;D
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos