July 01, 2024, 02:50:30 AM

Author Topic: My ESC wiring  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
My ESC wiring
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
Someone asked how I have my ESC wired and how I have my battery packs set up, so here are a couple of pictures.

I made 12S stick packs using 4" clear heat shrink tubing.  I cut a slit for the connectors of the second pack to come out through.

ESC and BEC wiring.  The EC3 connector goes to the BEC, which is underneath the ESC tray.  This way, I can plug in the back battery pack without powering up anything, and then slide it the rest of the way into the battery tray and strap it down before plugging in the EC3 connector and powering up the electronics.  After the FBL controller is booted up, then I plug in the front pack and power up the ESC.  I like this wiring configuration, too, because I can power up the FBL controller and servos for setup without powering the ESC.

Hope that helps.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline awesomeOne

Re: My ESC wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
Thanks Rodney... Some thought gone into that. I like it...

How have others done their wiring... Newbie learning here....

Stu

Offline Yanick Larouche

• Field Representative
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Nice Job!

Team Synergy

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »
How have others done their wiring... Newbie learning here....
Nice job, Rodney. I went for simplicity by splitting my PRC6 connectors in two. This allows me to run 12S split stick packs (similar to Rodney) with a minimum of connectors. With this method, you need to take extreme care to not plug the positive and negative connector from the same pack together!!  :o

For that reason, if you're a noob, this might not be the best method, but it works great for me (and others).

EDIT:  These pics were taken during my build. Prior to the maiden, I switched the 200A fuse to the negative terminal of the Kosmik. It was incorrectly mounted on the positive terminal at the time these pics were taken.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:44:51 PM by bmclaurin »
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline awesomeOne

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
Nice.. Looking at the 2nd  photo, where do the loose neg and pis leads plug into? I see the ones going to the ESC but and confused on the other two leads that are not connected? Do they plug into the second pack where I cannot see the pack connector?

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
They connect to each other. One is the positive lead from pack #1, and the other is the negative lead from pack #2. This is what creates the series connection between the two 6S packs. Again, if you go this route, be *very careful* to not plug the pos/neg leads from the same pack into each other. Obviously, that would cause a short...and ruin your day...
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline awesomeOne

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:37:43 AM »
Oh ok... Now I understand.. It would be too dangerous for me lol...