June 26, 2024, 04:55:52 AM

Author Topic: E7SE - front transmission module gear mesh  (Read 1740 times)

Offline bmclaurin

E7SE - front transmission module gear mesh
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
Hey, guys. Just maidened my brand new E7SE, and she flies great. One minor thing I noticed on the bench after the first few flights is that the mesh between the 18T Front Trans Bevel Gear (#320-118) and the 18T Front Trans Mushroom Gear (#320-218) is fairly loose, and I cannot recall whether my other TT Synergy models are the same. I'm not at home at the moment, so I cannot check this until later. The easiest way to see it is to hold the 11T Spur Gear (#320-111H) stationary with your finger, and while doing so, you can easily rotate the tail rotor back and forth several degrees (I'd guess maybe +/- 10 or 15 degrees). The play definitely comes from the mesh between the 18T bevel and mushroom gears in the Front Transmission Module, not the 20T bevel and mushroom gears in the Tail Box Assembly. Perhaps this is by design, as I don't see any apparent means by which to adjust the mesh between either pair of those gears. Is this normal?

Note that I am not talking about the mesh between the 11T Spur Gear (#320-111H) and the 54T Spur Gear (#320-154), as I am aware that the mesh between these gears is slightly adjustable via the slotted frame. I'm using the 4.9:1 gear ratio (11T spur gear), and with the module positioned fully forward in the frame, the mesh between those two gears seems perfect to me.
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: E7SE - front transmission module gear mesh
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
You're okay, that is normal.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
OK, thanks, Rodney. I am curious, though, whether this is an intended part of the design, or is it just manufacturing variance? Just trying to understand for educational purposes. I find it interesting that the frame is slotted by a fraction of a millimeter to allow optimum mesh of the spur gears (depending on your choice of drive ratios), yet the bevel and mushroom gear mesh is loose and unadjustable. Again, just asking for educational purposes, as the machine flies great as is.
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:39 PM »
Here's was Matt's reply to this question, previously.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=5771958&postcount=4
Rodney

Team Synergy