September 28, 2024, 12:30:47 PM

Author Topic: Heard a funny comment today and thought I would share it.  (Read 1854 times)

Offline James F

Heard a funny comment today and thought I would share it.
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »
A guy was here with his 700 today.  I was helping him set his blade pitch so he wanted to see my E5.  He was loking at it and I pointed out how beefy everything is on it and that is when I heard what I thought was funny.  He said "there is nothing revolutionary about it and looks like and align clone".

Considering he thought collective mix would fix his uneven +/- pitch.  I bet he doesn't fix the +14/-10 deg he has before tomorrows flying.

Offline Randy

Re: Heard a funny comment today and thought I would share it.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
LMAO some people dont even have a clue. I know when I first seen the E5 i was hooked and had to get one asap and same way with the N7. I come from years of working in a machine shop and I can tell everyone that the craftsmanship is really nice work and plus alot of the parts are  interchangeable.  ;)
Randy Woods

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »
I come from years of working in a machine shop and I can tell everyone that the craftsmanship is really nice work

I've worked on, designed, and manufactured equipment for the semiconductor industry for the last 25 years and have seen the entire spectrum of quality in machined parts, from awful to perfect.  The quality of the machined parts and the details in the design were what really first impressed me with the Synergy models.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline helimike

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
Funny how things look on the surface.  It would be interesting to hear his opinion after he built one.  The build process is very "eye opening" the first time through with a Synergy.  That is when the part quality, great design and tight tolerances really become evident.  I have built both an E7SE (for myself) and an Align 700 for my nephew (he won it in a raffle).  HUGE difference!

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »
that is hilarious. I have built many trex's, I actually still fly 2 of them. today will be the final flight for my 600E before its retirement. my dad bought it for me before he died, and that is the heli I learned on.....

I can promise the quality is much better! very few gasser conversion kits match the quality of the synergy kits....
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline dbrc

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:24:22 AM »
Clone? Can't think of anything about an E5 that looks like an Align. They are not even in the same league. I am a contractor and appreciate quality construction. I was in awe when building my E5 at how well thought out the components were. Very well engineered. Flies better than anything else I own. 

Offline dbrc

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 04:30:58 AM »
Funny how things look on the surface.  It would be interesting to hear his opinion after he built one.  The build process is very "eye opening" the first time through with a Synergy.  That is when the part quality, great design and tight tolerances really become evident.  I have built both an E7SE (for myself) and an Align 700 for my nephew (he won it in a raffle).  HUGE difference!

I just built an Align 700 DFC for a friend and kept thinking I really did not want one for myself. It came out great and flies good, but the E7 is in my future.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
I was a diesel tech, rebuilt everything from large boat engines to monster generator sets as big as a house, flying about 30 plus years, I have build about 100 nitro helicopters, This Synergy E5 is the best built. I got back into this hobby 6 months back, i look for months to find a ship that i could fly and it not fall apart or strip gears. There is one part i would add to the kit, a small plastic ring to snap over the tail shaft gear, the one with the pin in it, and same with the trans gear pin. So if some forgot to tighten the allens in those, the ring would still hold the pin in the gear. I read here it does happen.
Cliff

Offline dbrc

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 06:50:33 AM »
Reading the 55 page build manual is a good thing.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 09:22:40 AM »
I know, didn"t happen to me. I have lots of blue locktight in mine  :)
Cliff