September 28, 2024, 03:18:33 PM

Author Topic: Is the E7 too much for a beginner?  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Rocky

Is the E7 too much for a beginner?
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:03:18 PM »
I am in the market for a 700 and was wondering if the E7 is too much machine for a beginner?

I can hover in all upright orientations, takeoff and land safely and do forward flight pretty decent and just started doing flips and inverted on my Trex 550.

Is the E7 a good machine for someone still learning? or is it just a 3d smack machine.

I fly the larger ones on the sim and like how they perform.

I realize this is a subjective question but would appreciate any opinions you guys have.

Thanks,

Rocky

Offline QuantumPSI

Re: Is the E7 too much for a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
If you can comfortably fly around your 550, then you'll be able to handle the E7.  Although I don't have an E7 (yet), it's just like any other RC helicopter: If you can fly one, you can fly them all.  You'll be able to grow with the E7.

M

Offline seldred

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
If you are comfortable with your 550 you could handle an E7... just also be aware of the power and danger of a 90 size machine. If you do get one just be sure to set it up so it's not real fast! Dial the pitch down, lower the head speed, put expo in, and take some of the travel adjust out... this will make it less reactive and easier for you to handle.

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
The E7 flies so well that you should not have a problem with it, considering what you told us.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Yanick Larouche

• Field Representative
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi !

Synergy Helicopter are the best Helicopter for beginer and advance pilot.

Easy to build and easy to setup with Futaba CGY750 !

This machine are really stable and fly realy well !

Thank's !

Yan
Team Synergy

Offline Rocky

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Thanks guys just ordered one and got the electronics from the local hobby shop. Should be here in a week hopefully. Can't wait to see how it flies.

Rocky

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
You will love the stability and precision of your E7.
Team Synergy

Offline RyanW

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
"Is the E7 a good machine for someone still learning? or is it just a 3d smack machine"

The answer to this question is the beauty of flybarless systems! You can literally make it as docile as you want through the FBL parameters.

It would be great if someone nearby could give it a once over before you fly it, but I would just keep a modest headspeed, dial back the pitch a little and set the FBL for a non smack-down setting and you should be golden.

Please let us know how it goes!
-Ryan

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »
+1
Good comments!

Offline Jerry Kovar

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
Rocky..

The beauty of getting a bigger machine is the flight characteristics.   Its easier to see, can handle wind better, you can set the FBL and tame it down like mentioned before, all of this builds confidence. 

Having built a lot of brands out there, I can say that Synergy builds the best out of the box.  There is no need what so ever to add hundreds of dollars in upgrade parts to make it a smoother machine.   Its like comparing a Mercedes to a pinto (no ofense to the pinto owners here).

Most of all Enjoy the build, ask any questions you might have and please let us know how it goes...

Welcome to the family!!!!

Jerry~
Team Synergy

Offline Rocky

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 03:28:11 AM »
Build is going great so far. I am very impressed with the quality. Everything is in just need to finish setup and clean up the wiring.
Only had a couple issues that were totally my fault. One on the boom supports, I didn't realize that the heat from the friction when putting the ends on makes the ca bond instantly even with medium. Another was the location of the rear tail rod support I put it too far back and it was binding. Of course I shrunk the sleeve in that location too so now have to redo it. Both of those were my fault though as I didn't double check.
Just weighed it and so far is 10.246 lbs with gens ace 4000 packs. Still need to add some wiring and straps but seems light so far for a 700.

Offline Jerry Kovar

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »
Awesome news Rocky...

We all make uh oh's during the build process... Look at them as a "learning opportunity"  Let us know how the maiden goes!!

Jerry..
Team Synergy

Offline Rocky

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
Did the maiden last weekend. Didn't crash but had severe shaking as I had the gains too high.
Tried again this weekend and got it to only shake intermittently no matter what the gain setting and drifts no matter how many times I redo the trim flight.
I am thinking it has to do with trying to run too low of a headspeed (1900,1980,2050 iu 1,2,3).
My last flight it seemed to be getting better as I flew mainly in IU-3.
I will give it another try in few weeks if we get some nice weather and will keep messing with the 750. The tail seemed rock solid.

I am hoping I can get the cgy-750 figured as I loved the size of the heli in the air. Much easier to see.

One question I have and it is not mentioned in the manual is what direction do you twist the belt?

Offline Robert Sinsky Jr

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »
Rocky, Im new at this also and i have an E-7 and just did my maiden flight as well. My head speed settings were ,1850 ,1900, and 1950 with 700 mm. blades and didn't have those problems with those speeds eventhough they were to low. I cheated I got afriend who is more or less a pro with this thing. First flight without canopy he was hoving inverted 4 inches off the deck. My suggestion would be if you can get someone whos there with you to help do setup while your at the field. If I would've had the help that I did it would've been a mess. Good luck.