April 28, 2024, 01:24:39 PM

Author Topic: N5c Build and Review Video's  (Read 9639 times)

flyalan

N5c Build and Review Video's
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 05:39:29 AM »
Bill
Pm me your address.  I have at least two pulley sets from my TT conversions just sitting here. I'll mail you one.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyalan

Re: N5c Build and Review Video's
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
Bill,
Sent it out on Saturday.  PM'd you.

Cheers,
Alan
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:02:18 AM by flyalan »

Offline John

• Field Representative
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Your going to love it Bill, easily one of my favorite helis.  The motor and pipe combo your running is what I run on mine and it has gobs of power, plus those 2 together just sing.

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply I can't wait to get this thing in the air. 

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
HI Guys

I finally got motivated to finish up my N5c this week.  Woot!

I went out to maiden it and ran it hovered around for a tank.  It seem to be stable and smooth.  When I landed I had just a little bit of fuel left in the tank.  Which quickly poured all over the place it was coming out of the carb i guess.  I assume from all the pressure of the tank.  Is that normal?  I had YS pressurized system before and it didn't do that.  Again I am running the OS .55 HZ-r Limited with powerboost pipe. 

Another question.  I couldn't get the venturi to fit inside the cooling housing.  I think I remember being told it wouldn't fit and it was ok.  It seems to run fine with out it but wonder how much if any performance I am missing out on.

Thanks
Bill

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
Fuel pouring out of the carb? No, doesn't sound normal. My 55hzr doesn't do that.

Yeah, some guys have had to slightly mod the fan shroud, but mine fit pretty well without modding for whatever reason.
Electric: Synergy E7SE, Synergy E5, Logo 600SX, Henseleit TDR
Nitro: Synergy N5c, Synergy N7

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Another issue.

I went out to fly it again today for the 2nd flight and had a hydro lock which managed to strip my starter hex nut adapter.  I came back in the shop made the flat spot on the shaft a little bit deeper taped out the screw hole to next size up and got a new set screw and now I can't seem to get it to tighten up and stay tight.  So I guess I need to buy another but I wondered if anyone recommended an aftermarket setup that is a bit harder to strip?

Or is it just me.  I haven't flown nitro in years and been flying electrics for the past 4 years and all the memory's of frustration with nitro are coming in back now :)... Might be for sale soon just kidding.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10 ok i feel calmer now... just sucks when screw up a couple dollar part and thats it for the weekend because no hobby shops within 60 miles have parts.

Thanks
Bill

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
What starter? Sullivan Dynatron on 5S with Sullivan wand (the newer, hardened one) is bulletproof.

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 03:51:44 PM »
I am using the align stater.   The hex adapter on the heli is the problem.   I fixed it by drilling and taping one size up.   I also ordered the raptor adapter.  I seen folks said they would work.   4 flights on it today after the fix.

What size battery packs yall running. I am using a life 2100 buts to long  to fit in canopy.

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
I have the original hex adaptor on my N5C and over 200 flights. I believe you are having teething issues because you stepped away for 4 years. It will come back.

This is the best 50 size nitro I have flown or owned. Last year this is the only heli I flew.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
No doubt on the teething issues :)

It seems to be holding good now.  I know the hydro lock is the cause for that issue and a really strong starter :)

I got 5 flights on it today and 2 flights on my T-Rex 700 E and 1 Flight on my Compass 6hv today...  Needless to say it was a good day :)

What flight times you all getting on a tank a fuel? I am out in 8 min I know I still way rich I keep dialing it in every flight. 

Thanks
Bill

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 06:55:27 PM »
I am getting 6+ minutes at 2100 rpm. No header tank and a fuel magnet.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline bmclaurin

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
About 5:30 at 2150 w/ magnet and no header with a little left in reserve. I've flamed out more ties than I care to admit when trying to push 6:00. I'm probably a tad rich, but she runs really well.

Offline Bill Blair

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
I got it dialed in a bit better today.  5 1/2 min is about right.   Can you get a bigger tank?   I purchased a nitro for some extended flight time compared to  my 6hv  it is about 1.5 min longer but would like 8 or 9

Its flying great!

Thanks
Bill