May 01, 2024, 01:18:12 PM

Author Topic: Synergy N5c build  (Read 5250 times)

Offline nick.m

Re: Synergy N5c build
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
lol no not nick maxwell lol..well the engine and pipe was a christmas pressent from the wife and she was not to flush as we spend most of our money on the kids so she got me the redline 56 with a outrage pipe as they are cheap and so far i must say im pretty impressed with it so far for a cheap combo..still running it very rich at the moment but it still has bags of power,,well enough for me as im far from a 3d flyer,,it started instsntly first time and every time ,,so far so good but only time will tell

Offline nick.m

Re: Synergy N5c build
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
reguarding the sk540 fbl unit,,i had a bit of a set up dilemma reguarding the tail,,the design of the n5c tail has 5 degrees offset built in to counteract the torque of the main blades,, so with all arms at 90 you should have 5 degrees of pitch on the tail blades but the problem arose as the sk540 apparently needs to see zero pitch on the blades,,so the synergy gys said run the 5 degree offset as designed and the skookum guys said no it needs to see zero,,any how i went with the zero which meant the tail controll arm wasnt at 90 and the tail slider was well over to the 1 side,,now i still managed 98/98 in both directions for teh tail so flew it any way and it flew fine,,had a little twitch in the tail but upping the gain sorted 99%of it ,think the rest is down to the belt too slack and the rich running motor,ive now set it back to the 5 degree offset for my next flight and will report back once its been in the air again