September 28, 2024, 05:25:50 PM

Author Topic: E7 New main shaft too thick?? Please help.  (Read 3030 times)

Offline fasrc

E7 New main shaft too thick?? Please help.
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
I bought a new main shaft for my E7 part number 310-140 and I can't get the swash to slide on. It goes on and gets stuck. I take the swash out and put it on the old shaft and it slides right on. not sure what the issue is?? Wondering if the new shaft is just a tiny bit larger than the old one. I used my calipers to measure but my calipers are not the best to accurately tell the difference.

Its not getting stuck on the bolt hole, as soon as you put it on, it is tight and gets worse as you push down on it.

I was thinking of buying 400 grit sandpaper and sanding it down a bit.

Any ideas??
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:30:00 AM by fasrc »

Offline stevehof

Re: E7 New main shaft too thick?? Please help.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »
Don't try to sand it. It will never come out concentric and same diameter through the area you sand. It would probably work in a pinch but the right thing to do is to return it for another shaft.

Offline fasrc

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:03:58 PM »
Returning it is a pain and might be cheaper to just buy another one as this was ordered from a hobby shop in the East Coast. It just does not make me very happy as this was my 1st Synergy heli. Had one flight with it and the battery slipped out and hit the main blades in flight. $300 in damage not counting the batteries. Now I have to get another main shaft that most places are out of stock on. >:(

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
Pm sent.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:31:56 PM »
Returning it is a pain and might be cheaper to just buy another one as this was ordered from a hobby shop in the East Coast. It just does not make me very happy as this was my 1st Synergy heli. Had one flight with it and the battery slipped out and hit the main blades in flight. $300 in damage not counting the batteries. Now I have to get another main shaft that most places are out of stock on. >:(

Sorry you are having difficulty. 
I checked FBLRotors, Experience and RonLund.  All had them in stock.  Of the majors only Helidirect was out but had an ETA of 4/6. 

I would be happy to mail you once gratis.  PM me your mailing address.

Occasional parts irregularities do occur.  Synergy products are done with tight tolerances which does result in a superior product. Unfortunately if a part is slightly out of spec it can make things difficult.  I personally prefer that over sloppy fitting parts.

Cheers
Alan

Offline fasrc

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
I ordered all my parts from A Main Hobbies. They were out of the torque tube and main shaft, I ordered those 2 from Esprit Models. I checked ReadyHeli, AMain, HeliDirect and Esprit and 3 out of 4 were out.

Alan,

I am PMing you.
Thank you.

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
ExperienceRC or FBLRotors may have them at this time. Just a warning though Experience is out of town for the Toledo show so nothing you order tonight or tomorrow will ship until Monday the 8th.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »
I had this issue with both my bearings, head block and swash on the main shaft. I found that the holes in the shaft had some of the metal upset around holes. Taking a Dremel with a small round stone and slightly beveling the holes sharp edges to get rid of the oversized dimension and all the parts slipped on. So if you feel they are sliding part way on till you get to the holes give it a try. You may be at to use sand paper on something round to achieve the same results.

Never mind missed the part about not getting to he bolt holes.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:54:53 PM by PerspectiveVisuals »
Perspective Visuals

flyalan

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:59 PM »
I have him taken care of.

I do believe Ready Heli is pretty much not carrying Synergy.
Experience and FBL are always your best bets. Ralph at FBL will rob a kit if needed to get what you need.

Alan

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »
Never mind missed the part about not getting to the bolt holes. :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:16:14 PM by PerspectiveVisuals »
Perspective Visuals

Offline fasrc

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
Thanks guys... I didn't know about FBL...... Hopefully there wont be a next time but these are RC helis we are talking about so i will use them. ;)

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
Hello fasrc,

Just saw that you were having troubles with the main shaft. If everything is still not sorted let me know. Feel free to email me - matt@mattbotos.com

Thanks,

Matt