April 28, 2024, 07:16:33 AM

Author Topic: Best Engine & Pipe For the N5C  (Read 6966 times)

Offline Your Hobby

Re: Best Engine & Pipe For the N5C
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 02:20:29 AM »
Agreed, i am looking forward to flying it harder with the improved performance of the heli.

Jeff
Your Hobby
www.yourhobby.com.au
Team Synergy Australia

Offline Azimm

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
I may be a little late on this, but for anyone new maybe reading this post an OS 55hz-r is an amazing engine with the OS pipe, these  are very forgiving on the tune, and  easy to tune as well.. a YS 60 if you are brand new to nitro makes insane power yes, BUT is probably not the best idea. The YS60 engine from my experience can be tricky to tune and is easy to put a hole in the piston.... trust me I know .. again if your new try an OS they make great power if your a non hardcore pilot you do not even need the hz-R just a 55 and fly forever :) good luck!

flyalan

Best Engine & Pipe For the N5C
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »
When I dinged my N5C last week I damaged the pipe (fun tech). Probably could have saved it but I bought a hatori during the Memorial Day sales. Amazing I didn't damaged the os55hz!
Should have mine back together this weekend. Can't wait to see how the Hatori performs.

Alan
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:17:51 AM by flyalan »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
Hi all..

I have a brand new  O.S. 50SX-H Ringed Hyper Engine(no Pipe Yet) saved for 2 years, i want to do something with this motor.  I was wondering if that would be strong enough to fly around the N5c or it would bog to much for Some mild 3d, sport flights , i want to try out nitro looks like i may be able to get more flight time.

From what I've read, the 55 doesn't make much more power than the 50 so it should be just fine.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
On the original N5, it was a bit too heavy for the 50 and you really needed the 55. The N5c is so nice and light it won't have an issue with the 50. Give it a whirl.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »

When I dingedy N5C last week I damaged the pipe (fun tech). Probably could have saved it but I bought a hatori during the Memorial Day sales. Amazing I didn't damaged the os55hz!
Should have mine back together this weekend. Can't wait to see how the Hatori performs.

Alan

Alan, which Hatori pipe did you get? I am running the SAB-1 which has been great.

Mark

flyalan

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
I picked up a SAB-55. Finally getting around to the repairs today:-)

Alan