June 22, 2024, 09:14:37 PM

Author Topic: E5 kit arrives tomorrow .. Goodbye align  (Read 2542 times)

flyalan

Re: E5 kit arrives tomorrow .. Goodbye align
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
Alan, regarding your comment of running two power sources into the controller, would you run BEC and a backup source into it or how would you do that? Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, for example the Castle BEC pro has 2 outputs for voltage and I realize both of those could be run into the FBL controller is that what you mean?

The one thing I have learned the hard way on HC's is to put both the ouputs from the BEC directly into the HC unit.  If using a SBus receiver the SBus wire will provide power to the receiver.  The servos are drawing the amps so the shortest path to them is the best choice.  I put one power lead in the Sevo 4 port and the other into the programming port.  When I am programming I pull that lead and replace it when finished. Alternatively you can put a Y at the ESC connection and put the second lead there.
I did learn this after the unit reset during a flight.  This is what is recommendated by Hellicommand.

Alan

Offline jabull

Re: E5 kit arrives tomorrow .. Goodbye align
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
 :) Gonna do it! Decided not to use the Scorpion Backup Guard and maybe use a buffer pack or just go to a 2S receiver pack, but I hate the idea that I bought the nice YGE ESC so i could just use the internal BEC.  Reading forums has me going circles about the ideal way to make sure i have consistant power running a pair of spektrum satellites with the HC3-SX
Synergy E5, Protos 500, 130X, Wife and 4 Teenagers, CS Fender Strat, Old truck, Software Engineer