April 29, 2024, 05:29:33 AM

Author Topic: Who all started buying parts for theirs?  (Read 21803 times)

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Who all started buying parts for theirs?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »
Keep in mind the S9352 is not brushless so it will have a potential shorter life and it is not a heli designated servo so it may not respond or center to flybarless commands appropriately.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Who all started buying parts for theirs?
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
seksy seksy...

Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
Man I'm the only daring person with the gasser eh? Oh well. I'll have to document well.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline rogers259

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »
Brandon...nothing wrong with rocking the gasser, I'm sure it will yield lots of air time on a tank!

Personally I'm pulling the 105HZR and Hatori outa my T700 and I'll run that with the N7. Already got all the parts, Outrage 9180/9188, Beastx, Rail 696, Multigov, pushglow...just waiting on the N7 to be released.

As far as servo's go...Used JR & Futaba servo's for a very long time and have stuck almost exclusively to that... but these Outrage 9180 & 9188 are fantastic. I'm running them on an E5 and way more servo than I need for my flying.

Matt

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
You caved to peer pressure, didn't you?  :P

Man I'm the only daring person with the gasser eh? Oh well. I'll have to document well.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
I would have preferred not to but there are too many people who have blown up their engines with this GT15. I'd rather recoup some money and go with a known reliable engine and wait for a version 2.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

flyalan

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »
After some further thought I may use the OS-91HZ-R I have instead of the 105 (also have it).
Thinking about having to carry two jugs of fuel?
I don't know. Probably have some time to decide.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
That's too bad that there are issues with the GT15.  I was looking forward to reading how it worked out for you.

I would have preferred not to but there are too many people who have blown up their engines with this GT15. I'd rather recoup some money and go with a known reliable engine and wait for a version 2.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »
What Alan said was another reason as well. Having to get another fuel jug, pump, ETC. Where if I go with a .91 I can still use my 30%.

All that said, no one is biting and I'm not loosing any more money so I may be stuck with it anyway and if that's the case well then I'll hope it doesn't become a paper weight.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »
Maybe stuff it into an N5C?
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:13 AM »
I have my 2 cents to put in here, maybe three.  I don't have any parts for the N7 but..... I definitely have a whole setup ready for the N5c tt model set to come out soon.  I can't wait to get one!  For a good reason I am sure, when I look closely at the synergy models as far as setup everything makes a whole lot of sense.  These beasts are truly designed with easy setup and maintenance in mind.  My old man used to say "always name something its not" I guess Matt and the other designers missed that message.  I look at Synergy then at the Hirobo Gaydeu I started flying with and I am baffled. Find myself wondering why the hell is all this complicated crap good. 

As far as servos go, awhile back I took the dive and purchased three fut9352 for the cyclic on the .50 I had and all I have to say is wow.  I had the fut9351 before and they would drain the 3800life battery in 3 flights. I now use a 5000 2s pulse rx pack, I can literally fly 11 flights at 6 minutes each without recharging. I have never actually done that but with the numbers it can be done.  These servos made the heli twice as fast on cyclic and so smooth as close as being attached to the bird as I could imagine. The stick moves and it moves at any speed.  Post flight they are cool to the touch, barely warmer than ambient. I also use the Bls256 on the rudder. We all know how tight it is. My opinion may be biased because all I have flown is align and Futaba. I bleed futaba.  I figure if it works then there is no reason to find something else.

With engines I too am sad to hear the gt15z is a paper weight.  I have flown Ys and Os and prefer Os.  The way I see it is you fly Os and you fix Ys.   I am pretty green at tuning but have put 25 gallons through nitro in the past year.  I don't see any reason to use the os105 if you have a 91 the power figures are almost identical and seems like the 91 is a tried and true competition motor. Whereas the 105 is a little more powerful but a good bit heavier. 

Thats it thanks for listening guys, happy flying.

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »
Gearing up with this.
Ys 91srx
Hatori pipe
Vbar silverline
Torq servos
Thunderpower 2s rec pack
Futaba everything else
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 05:31:05 AM »

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone

I have never built any radio controlled item that utilized an internal combustion engine.  I used to fly those little Cox control line airplanes when I was a kid, and they had little nitro engines I believe.  Furthermore, I grew up re-building carberateours and the like on old weedeaters with my grandfather.

Anyhow, to make a short story long, I want a gas powered heli one day, and I am not sure rather the better option would be to buy something like the Whiplash Gasser 90 from Miniature Aircraft or to do something like the N7 and convert when it comes out.

Offline Ben Kerr

• Field Representative
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
Just ordered a OS 105, I will be ready as soon as this heli is released. Hopefully before snow. I am thinking about trying a different flybarless so that might change.

My setup will be:
OS 105 hzr
Hatroi pipe
RJX cyclic
Futaba BLS 256 tail
V-Bar silver line
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Scorpion Power Systems/Thunder Power

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
^^The RJX servos are nice servos, but I personally have been having some compatibility issues with the V-Bar Silverline.  I am still waiting to hear back from RJX.  I believe that this best describes my issue:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1482

It is funny b/c V-Bar says it is not their fault, yet other flybarless systems do not seem to have this issue from the modicum of research that I have put forth.

Anyhow, something to think about before you go with the V-Bar and the RJX's- if I were you I would wait to see what I find out (let me finish being the guinea pig).   ;D