April 30, 2024, 11:30:26 AM

Author Topic: Flying the E5 today  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Flying the E5 today
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
LOL  :)

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 07:03:44 AM »
Nice bird there but I really like the armory set up. Have a few of my own that will be coming out to play now that it's cold out and I won't be doing much, if any, flying.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Nice bird there but I really like the armory set up. Have a few of my own that will be coming out to play now that it's cold out and I won't be doing much, if any, flying.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Thanks.  I've been playing with guns ever since I can remember.  Helicopters are merely the most recent toy for me to become enamored with, though I must say, I wanted an R/C heli since I was a little boy, but back in the day, they were ridiculously unaffordable.

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:58 PM »
I know the feeling exactly! I would sometimes see someone flying planes mostly and occasionally a heli. Then I looked up the prices and stuck with guns. Many years later I looked again and was able to get into helis too. Now I'm I to two expensive hobbies hah.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
I know the feeling exactly! I would sometimes see someone flying planes mostly and occasionally a heli. Then I looked up the prices and stuck with guns. Many years later I looked again and was able to get into helis too. Now I'm I to two expensive hobbies hah.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Lol, yea, it only  took me from March until September to take the crack habit from the Blade 130X to the Synergy E5.  I'm planning to build a .50 sized Nitro next.

I think being used to dropping gobs on guns didn't help things any.  Who pays 700 bucks for a charger for their toys?  Crazy people, that's who.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
This thread has taken a hilarious turn. The timing is even funny. I had a friend over yesterday. I helped him get a hexacopter that he bought set up. We used to shoot sporting clays together all the time. Anyway, I have my guns in my helicopter room and I was showing him the newer ones that he hadn't seen yet. :)
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »
Since it's already de-railed, LOL, here's my contribution...

Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Flying the E5 today
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »
Very nice rifle Rodney. Well shucks. Guess I'll add mine. These are just my long guns. No pics of my misc hand guns.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:26:53 AM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 05:17:03 AM »
RodneyK....thread derail...who cares, life would be boring if everything were perfectly organized.  Besides, this is my E5 flying thread and I love guns too..haha.

Brandon,

I see you have the Ruger Gunsite- what scope are you planning on mounting on it?  I want to get a Steyr Scout one day.  I just wish they came with a threaded barrel.  I think every man should own a bolt action .308.  I have an FN PBR personally.

Oh, since I see Rodney is a shotgun snob ;-) here are my scatter guns (I don't think their sights lend them to skeet though):

Here is my set of lawn darts:

Here is my personal favorite:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:20:15 AM by copenhagen »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
Oh, since I see Rodney is a shotgun snob ;-) here are my scatter guns (I don't think their sights lend them to skeet though):

LOL, I would consider shotguns snobs to be the guys with hand engraved double barrel guns that cost >$10k.  Mine's just a decent Browning.

I do have one of them there evil black rifles, a couple other various rifles, and some pistols.  Been shooting since I was a wee lad.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:56:30 PM by RodneyK »
Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
The scope for my Gunsite is something I haven't considered yet. Any recommendations?

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
The scope for my Gunsite is something I haven't considered yet. Any recommendations?

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

It's a scout rifle.

Have a look at the  Burris 2.75x20mm or the Leupold 2.5x28mm.

Make sure you get a quality set of rings.

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
Those both look nice. I may go for the Leupold in the near future. Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 12:07:31 AM »
I recently bought a new set of rings for one of my 22's. It the SR 22 from Ruger, the AR-15 platform.  The Nikon P-series mounts are the ones I got for a Nikon ProstaFF scope. And these are by far the best rings I have ever purchased!  I use my .22 as a testbed for equipment, all that means is it gets kicked around and very occasionally dropped. Normal everyday use has not taken the zero off with these mounts. Excellent product. Nice kit Cope I dig the the compensating barrel on the shotgun!

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 05:54:16 AM »
Nice kit Cope I dig the the compensating barrel on the shotgun!

Thanks.  Yea, I thought it was really cool too until I tried to clean it.  It is a pain trying to get carbon out of those holes...and I don't know how much they actually help the recoil.