April 30, 2024, 06:36:58 AM

Author Topic: Flying the E5 today  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Re: Flying the E5 today
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
I would question the functionality only because I have spent a few rounds out of a glock 22C and other than making a big flash during the night and in the shade during the day, I couldn't tell a difference. Plus I know those 3" shells are gonna sting no matter.  I use brake cleaner on my all my guns, the ones without wood any way I am sure you have tried that.  It works great on the gas tube on your "Sport Utility" arms.  Happy flying and shooting!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »
Here's a muzzle break that one of my buddies designed.  It actually shoots fire out of the eyes and nostrils, too.  ;D

http://www.spitzlead.com/
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »
Here's a muzzle break that one of my buddies designed.  It actually shoots fire out of the eyes and nostrils, too.  ;D

http://www.spitzlead.com/

Haha, that's actually kinda cool looking.

Offline copenhagen

Snow
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Well it's snowing in Dixie.  To fly or not to fly?  Screw it, it's 23 degrees why not?  I put 4 packs through the E5 and am proud to report that I had a ball.  I used my crappy Gens-Ace packs in the event of a crash- don't want to mess up my nice new Pulse packs..lol...who cares about the $1500 E5?  I did a few inverted circles, and some strafing across the valley with loops and roles.  I also practiced trying to get the timing down on my tock ticks.  Finished up by spraying her off with compressed air.

I really wish my wife was here, because she could have used her Nikon and taken a nice picture of an inverted hover or something with the mountains in the background and the snow coming down.  I couldn't get over how badass that looks.  It is exceptionally awesome when you get close to the deck and you can see the snow flying up!  Of course I am easily amused.  You'll have to settle for this garbage cell selfie:

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
My E5 hit 302 flights today.  I was so excited to pass the 300 mark that I flew 6 flights in gusts which measured at 22mph according to my weather station which I have on my fence post in the front yard.

Well she does pretty well in the wind- the main thing I notice when it's heavy like that is that the gusts require more collective corrections, that is to say, the heli loses or gains lift without the normal input.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:36:26 PM by copenhagen »

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »
Hey Cope, be careful with those plastic tail blades.  I was running some Kbdd white 106's on my E7 in october, waiting for my rails to get here.  Anyways I was up in the air, hit IU2 2200rpms, first blade snapped off its root almost hit me, second blade snapped off its root, I was unable to keep the blades out of the dirt, it wasn't bad but it was upsetting.

I believe the contributing factors were the high rpm and the cold making the blades brittle.