September 28, 2024, 04:34:47 PM

Author Topic: E7SE Battery Tray  (Read 6867 times)

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
E7SE Battery Tray
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »
Anyone using one?  Is got to be more convenient then loading two batteries and strapping them in for each flight.
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

flyalan

Re: E7SE Battery Tray
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »
If you shrink wrap the batteries into one unit it makes it much easier to install them. I use the Scorpion straps around the batts and frame. Quick and easy. I have seen battery trays come loose in flight. No worries with that with this setup.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
If you shrink wrap the batteries into one unit it makes it much easier to install them. I use the Scorpion straps around the batts and frame. Quick and easy. I have seen battery trays come loose in flight. No worries with that with this setup.

Cheers
Alan

Alan,
Are you also using Velcro on the stick pack you are creating?  Or are the gummie Scorpion straps enough?
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »

Cheers
Alan

That's a great idea, but I also use these batteries in my E5.
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

Cheers
Alan

Alan,
Are you also using Velcro on the stick pack you are creating?  Or are the gummie Scorpion straps enough?
The Scorpion straps (x3) are enough. No Velcro needed.

Chumley. If theses are downing double duty a tray probably won't help. You still have to strap them to the tray first. By the time you do that you might as well strap them directly in the Heli... MTC..

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »
Where & what kind of shrink rap?
Perspective Visuals

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:59 PM »
1) I use my batteries in several helicopters, so a battery tray does not work well for me.

2) Although I find Velcro works well on helicopters with exposed battery trays (T-Rex 550, most 450 helis, etc), I find using Velcro makes the batteries very difficult to insert and remove in helicopter designs where the batteries sit within the frames.  I find that a combination of non-skid tape on the frame and Scorpion straps (non-skid coating) allow for easy Lipo insertion and removal, while maintaining the Lipos very secured during flight.

I use non-skid micro foam tape on the Synergy's.  Non skid carpet tape (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc) would also work.

I use 4 Scorpion straps.

A layer of electrical tape on the frame also works.

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:55 PM »

Cheers
Alan

Alan,

Chumley. If theses are downing double duty a tray probably won't help. You still have to strap them to the tray first. By the time you do that you might as well strap them directly in the Heli... MTC..

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Sweet!  I did that today with a new Pulse Ultra 5000 12S stick pack, but I was a little hesitant to push hard without Velcro, but tomorrow I'll push it!!,
www.fortbendhelis.com

flyalan

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 09:33:51 PM »
Where & what kind of shrink rap?

You need 4" heat shrink.  I prefer the clear.

FBLRotors has is:
http://www.fblrotors.com/FBLROTORS-4-Inch-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Sold-by-the-Ft-_p_603.html

I have also found it on Ebay.  The one Ralph carries is a little better quality.

Cheers
Alan

flyalan

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »

Cheers
Alan

Alan,

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Sweet!  I did that today with a new Pulse Ultra 5000 12S stick pack, but I was a little hesitant to push hard without Velcro, but tomorrow I'll push it!!,

Three Straps!  Matt and several of the team have flown mine with this setup.  No failures.  I do have to replace the straps about twice a season.  The frame will eventually put wear them. 
Also don't leave them in a hot vehicle without removing from the battery and heli.  They will start sticking to the battery.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »

Cheers
Alan

Alan,

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Three Straps!  Matt and several of the team have flown mine with this setup.  No failures.  I do have to replace the straps about twice a season.  The frame will eventually put wear them. 
Also don't leave them in a hot vehicle without removing from the battery and heli.  They will start sticking to the battery.

Cheers
Alan

I have 3 brand new ones still the package ready to go, and 10 feet of 4" shrink wrap from Esprit Model...
www.fortbendhelis.com

flyalan

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 09:51:54 PM »

Cheers
Alan

Alan,

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Cheers
Alan

I have 3 brand new ones still the package ready to go, and 10 feet of 4" shrink wrap from Esprit Model...

You are golden then :-)

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
I have my E7se on order now, just waiting for a new shipment from Matt to the UK for mine.

I have 8 x 12s sticks that are 6s5000 Optipower packs shrink wrapped together. As I have a Goblin 700, Goblin 770, TDR and T-Rex 700 DFC all using sticks, I opted to make my sticks out of Goblin trays. This is a carbon top and bottom sheet with shrink wrap holding it all together. I then just slide them straight into the TDR and use 2 x Scorpion straps, and on the Rex I use 2x straps around the alloy sliding tray.

With the E7se, I will buy the rear alloy Goblin 'clip', and see if it does fit to the base plate in the correct position for C of G, then that way I can hook the goblin tray into this clip, and use just one strap like we do on the Goblins.
Rob Bingham

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »
A KDE battery tray would be cool. The Goblin one is cool.
Perspective Visuals

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
Just a follow up, I try my damnedest today to shake loose a stick pack with 3 Scorpion straps on it today (and nothing else) without any luck!  It sure made it easier inserting batteries without the Velcro catching as you try to position...
www.fortbendhelis.com