September 28, 2024, 11:25:16 PM

Author Topic: used e7  (Read 4079 times)

Offline rimaarts

Re: used e7
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
sooo... another 2 hickups....

front transmission reassembled without a single hickup, (i did NOT mix up post locations as chris mentions in his videos!  :D ),

when disassembling tail grips i damaged shim which goes between thrust and radial bearing... :( fast lad and modelhelicopters (2 uk shops) does not have it and heli direct is out of stock, tail grips will have to wait untill i place my next order with ralph...

and another hickup...

upon trying to disassemble tail shaft, seemed that 100-366 set screw was stripped... i dumped a drop of v wicking green loctite on top of it, and a tiny drop of ca on both ends of gear retaining pin... how do you think, should i bugger ralph for this or it will be good to go?

interestingly, i did my best to reassemble gear mesh properly(To seat gears all the way in), but after assembly it seemed just a LIIIITTTLE bit tighter than before... is it normal? my first big heli with torque tube, and by it i will judge is it worth putting TT on my n5cc!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »
Sounds like that set screw is in there plenty tight if you stripped it out trying to remove it.  I'll let the other guys weigh in on what they think but since you have it in front of you, you've got a pretty good idea whether or not you think that pin is going to move.

On the N5C TT... I wasn't going to upgrade mine because I was perfectly fine with the belt.  I finally did end up upgrading after I destroyed the tail and it's a very slick upgrade.  You've seen how robust the TT setup is and it definitely reduces drag on the drive system versus a belt.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
Did you change out any gears in the transmission. If not then you should not notice an increase in tightness as long as the mushroom gear remained seated.   How did the transmission feel before installing?
The pin in the output shaft sounds like it's not going anywhere. Of course you will definitely want replacement parts on hand and don't forget to order the set screw.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline rimaarts

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Sounds like that set screw is in there plenty tight if you stripped it out trying to remove it.  I'll let the other guys weigh in on what they think but since you have it in front of you, you've got a pretty good idea whether or not you think that pin is going to move.

On the N5C TT... I wasn't going to upgrade mine because I was perfectly fine with the belt.  I finally did end up upgrading after I destroyed the tail and it's a very slick upgrade.  You've seen how robust the TT setup is and it definitely reduces drag on the drive system versus a belt.

i did not strip it, it was already stripped.... screwdriver had a veeeery little resistance trying to spin the screw...

i have belt on my protos and love every aspect of it except autos... (but maybe i dont love autos because it is 500 instead of 700 lol? :o ) i actually couple of times dug spinning tail into the ground, and picked up and kept flying... i want to set it up as belt, 7se as tt and see what i like better...

Offline rimaarts

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
Did you change out any gears in the transmission. If not then you should not notice an increase in tightness as long as the mushroom gear remained seated.   How did the transmission feel before installing?
The pin in the output shaft sounds like it's not going anywhere. Of course you will definitely want replacement parts on hand and don't forget to order the set screw.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
thats the strangest thing... i did not change any gears... well, anyway, maybe its just me not knowing how to judge gear tightness on tt! i think ill just put couple of flights like that and see how it is...

Offline rimaarts

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »
lol... my second synergy kit where i can not find tail pushrod ends... in which box/bag they were supposed to be? if in my n5c it turned out to be mistake in manual, here im 90% sure they were not packed in.. shame, i was really looking forward to them... (end cap style instead of simple rods)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:48:52 PM by rimaarts »

Offline rimaarts

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 08:22:17 AM »
so...! my first step towards a flying 700 size heli! today i unpacked my scorpion 4530-500 motor!

provided motor screws seems waay too short, just 2-3 threads engaging motor... could someone refresh my memory, was  there any screws provided with e7 kit?

and yesterday i could not resist alees rush 750 second hand for 200£... so now i have headache of scraping together enough funds for a 700 AND an 800 heli...