April 29, 2024, 03:32:18 AM

Author Topic: Brain Governor wiring with YGE 120 LVK  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Tom W.

Brain Governor wiring with YGE 120 LVK
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:51:23 AM »
Hi

On my E5 I would like to use Brain-Gov. with the YGE 120 LVK. The YGE has a sinlge RPM outlet, this I put in the Brain-Gov-adapter cable which is in the Brain-Gov port. The master cable of YGE I've put in Brain on CH1/thr.
When I'm in the Brain Software I see that the Magnet is not active and the motor will not start. Motor starts to stutter, stops and then 6 beeps are coming from the YGE.
I think it has something to do with the missing grounding?
Somehow I should use the slave cable to attach a buffer circuit.

Anyone an idea?

Thx and regards
Tom
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:41:21 AM by Tom W. »

Offline okanor

Re: Brain Governor wiring with YGE 120 LVK
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »
I know on a castle you have to activate the wire by telling it what to do (I'm my case RPM out) does YGE require something like this as well? My Scorpion speed controller required and adaptor to lower the voltage http://www.helidirect.com/scorpion-opto-coupler-cable-p-25995.hdx . I am using the ikon gov on all 4 of my birds and really like it. I am curious to see what you come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Low and Slow

Offline Tom W.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »
One thing I figured out is that I had to change the startup power from the YGE to "auto". Before I have tried it with 2% and 4%. Now the motor spins, but only until 1200rpm then drops down to 800rpm and goes than to 1200rpm and so on...
YGE gives then 5 beeps = RX signal lost
I'm using Futaba S-Bus

Tom

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »
One thing I figured out is that I had to change the startup power from the YGE to "auto". Before I have tried it with 2% and 4%. Now the motor spins, but only until 1200rpm then drops down to 800rpm and goes than to 1200rpm and so on...
YGE gives then 5 beeps = RX signal lost
I'm using Futaba S-Bus

Tom

Tom, did you ever get this worked out? I can help you if you didn't, I use YGE on all my electric birds.
Jeff Barrett - Synergy RC Express
Team Synergy / Bavarian Demon / MKS Servo