July 06, 2024, 08:26:25 PM

Author Topic: Motor question  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: Motor question
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
ahhhhh crap! what happened to your TX? I didn't see that you damaged your TX....

my first gasser destroyed one of mine...lol....I had just received the DX9, been waiting on it for several weeks. flew the gasser with it about 5 times, then had a hot start with it, and literally destroyed the gimbals and trim switches, even messed up the display. all from the heli hitting it, and me ending up crushing it trying to get the dang heli under control, or pull a fuel line.....sucked dude!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline James F

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
Nothing.  Just replacing it to get some features I want to use.  Switching everything over to a taranis and making us3 of their current sensors to fly by mah instead of a timer.  Range check will be unnecessary with it as well as it warns when the signal drops below a threshold.   Their x8r rx's are 16ch full telemetry without needing a second unit like a tm1000 for spectrum (which do not make the required sensors).  I already have the opentx companion software installed and a radio setup done for what I want.  6 background music tracks, all gains adjusted via s2 knob depending on which switch position is selected for cyc, tail, or gov gain.  I think I will set s1 knob for bell gains, etc.  Full voice configured for all switch positions so mistakes should be avoided for switch selection.  The full amps consumed for the efuel is my main driving force in moving over.  I may take the time to learn ccpm programming for it but fbl units do it now so it would just b3 for the sake of learning it.  The guy who did the piro flip on a switch helped me learn to set it up.  It is a blank slate like a jeti.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »
oh, ok cool. I thought you damaged yours...lol...my bad bro. sounds like you have you a great plan there! let us know how it goes!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos