July 06, 2024, 07:31:18 PM

Author Topic: Elevator bobble.  (Read 1521 times)

Offline James F

Elevator bobble.
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
I have the bobble down quite a bit but it is still there.  It showed up after tightening the blades up a bit.   I would prefer to actually tighten them up more as I am a bit weary of boom strikes after one took 800$ to repair on my gasser (lead lag effect).  I already lowered my cyclic and bell gains alot (any more and it just feels unresponsive).  Any suggestions to get rid of it.  Fbl unit is a sk540 running on a gov at 2370hs, 12 cell 3300mah.  I am thinking of trying different dampers but wanted to ask those more experienced with this heli for some suggestions.

Thanks,

James

Offline quantummodz

• always looking for that something special
    • quantummodz.com
Re: Elevator bobble.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
if all is strait and settings are default and your blades and pitch are accurrate the its CG ive found taking time to ensure ths is accurate pays dividens

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

TEAM CHOCOLATE - smooth and taste heli flying

Offline James F

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
Cg was good.  I had 3 hours straight without it.  It developed after tightening the blades up a bit.

Offline JASONBUCAO671

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
synergy helis like their blades a little on the loose side. should be fine no worries. the true blood dampeners will help. also check that your boom supports are secure and the links still glued on. they can work themselves loose.

Offline James F

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
I will give them a check.  I will also try loosening off the blades a touch.

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »
Also check for the newest SK firmware as well. They released a new one during IRCHA that was supposed to help with this for a wide variety of makes / models of helis.
Jeff Barrett - Synergy RC Express
Team Synergy / Bavarian Demon / MKS Servo

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
Also check for the newest SK firmware as well. They released a new one during IRCHA that was supposed to help with this for a wide variety of makes / models of helis.

I had elevator bobbles with my E7 prior to the V4 firmware.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline James F

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 04:27:32 AM »
I have been running v4 on both models since it was released.  My 500 has never felt so  nice.  On the e5 i can't  compare it to the old firmware as i never had 3.43 on it.  I may try some kde dampers as i know dennis keeps them in stock.  They worked well in my 500. 

I made a post in the skookum forum xhoping georgi or one of the top trouble shooters there have a suggestion.  I just love a response when a person reads the title andnlast post only and then offers advice that was either already given or just irrelevant.   I am sure it will happen there.

I am going to try two things prior to swapping dampers.  First i am going to play with the cyclic gain setting a bit more and if that don't  work i will loosen the blades a touch (not my first option as they still move pretty easily in my opinion).  I will get it tuned out of that i am sure.  I am glad synergy has their own forums for support.

Hoping for decent weather on the weekend to test some ideas.  I will report any steps that help.