Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

N5C vibration. Help!

(1/5) > >>

flyboynellor:
Hello all,
Trying to isolate vibration in the frame. My N5C is used and in great shape. I recently installed a CGY750 and having a low frequency vibration in the frame. The whole frame shakes violently. When I run the HS at 1850 rpm or less I get a bad shaking in the frame. Like the gains are too high. When I reduce the gain on the ele and aile down to 35 its better but not gone. I have changed the gain from 90 down to 35 and no real difference. When I run the HS up to 1950 and greater its smooth as silk. I run my gain in idle up to ele 45 aile 55 rudder 60. This is per Matt B. post on HeliFreak (N5 with cgy750 tip). My feathering spindle is perfect and main shaft also perfect. I'm running the 606 Rail blades and CY 92mm tail blades. I'm running a OS 55 HZ with HS needle at 1 and 1/4 out from closed. Midrange needle at 1 turn out. Engine runs great lots of smoke and great throttle response. Engine doesn't run hot . I do run my main blades on the tight side on the bolts. This is my first FBL setup and I have to say its difficult to setup and the manual for the 750 isn't the easiest to understand. My FB helis weren't near as difficult to setup. I do have a FB head for the N5C. Maybe thats next. LOL. I would appreciate any help resolving my problem. Thanks in advance for the help.

flyboynellor:
**update** Just got back from a test flight. I loosened up the main blade bolts and got rid of half of the vibration. Moving in the right direction. Changed the gain up and down with no further reduction in vibration. The fuel in the tank is bubbling and not foaming if that helps any. Thanks again.

Bob

Tommy Wagner:
Is the tank foaming at idle, the 1850 and at a higher RPM

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboynellor:
No foaming at idle. No foaming at 1850 but bubbling if you know what I mean. Big bubbles not smooth. At 1950 dead smooth. Not a ripple.

Tommy Wagner:
If it is smooth at a higher RPM l would think that the motor mite need a finer tuning that head speed mite be on both needles causing the motor to run a little rich maybe try leaning the mid a click or two

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version