April 28, 2024, 01:51:29 AM

Author Topic: N5 belt drive model parts  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Paul66

N5 belt drive model parts
« on: June 02, 2015, 05:36:14 AM »
HI Guys
Been struggling recently in Australia in acquiring spares specifically for the old N5 bird, more specifically the main shaft 610-140, is it the intention to phase out the old belt drive bits and stick with the torque tube version as most recently released. I have had to purchase from the States which is not a huge issue other than time frame and cost in postage which is a bit annoying when you cannot fly due to waiting on parts. I still love the way the N5 fly's and don't want to put it out to pasture quite yet.
Thanks
Paul

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: N5 belt drive model parts
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:25:48 AM »
i cannot speak to the availability of parts, but i can tell you that if you like the older N5, you will LOVE the N5C TT!!!!

i just put 3 flights on mine this morning, she is a wonderful bird!!!!! it is lighter than the older bird too! the TT is great, extremely strong gears, i only strip them when i crash, and even then i usually on get the large spur gear and maybe one other one.....very robust!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »
Hi Paul,

I checked with Ark and the part is on order and will be in the next shipment.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Paul66

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:48:14 AM »
Thanks Guys, I will look at slowly translating the N5 over, but I still like the belt drive for robustness, regardless of how many time I bury the tail into the ground it keeps coming back for more. Does the change in main shaft change height of head and how does this affect the flight characteristics, may consider getting the newer head with the phase arms attached to simplify setup and ease of alignment.

Paul

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
IMO - when lowering any head it makes the heli roll and flip more "true" and a little faster.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Paul66

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 05:46:12 AM »
Thanks Guys, had a fellow flyer lend me a spare shaft until the original arrived, never met the guy, but clearly in this hobby there are people out there that love the hobby and people involved in it that they go the extra mile to support one another, Just another great reason to be part of the heli fraternity. Big Thanks to Matt, "Madbird" for the loan.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
that is awesome! i love to hear things like this! i try to keep a vast stock of parts, even the ones you would never think you need, for this reason! i usually lend out a part every few weeks to a local guy, then they will just replace it when they get a chance.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Paul66

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
Hi Mike I hear you and have started to collect a number of spares so as to keep myself and like minded pilots in the air. Especially difficult in Australia due to the small number of vendors to select from and so have to wait for longer periods of time if an overseas purchase is made.