Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

Successful maiden

(1/2) > >>

belcom:
I went out last night to maiden my brand new, shiny N5C.  It was very cold, kind of dark and overall not very pleasant weather. 

But... lifted off no problem, felt very stable and solid in the air.  Has a very natural feel to it.  I still need to tune the BeastX properly, figure out why my rev limiter was not working, fix a muffler leak and re-tune the engine.  So I did not attempt anything crazy because I need to get it right first.  One thing that has kind of amazed me is how solid the tail felt on the first flight.  I do have a very good tail servo on it (MKS DS760) but didn't have any pre-comp turned on and everything was pretty much at defaults except Pot 3 was a little higher than middle. 

I will try to find another opportunity to come out and fly again after I resolve all the issues but I can feel right now that it's going to be an awesome heli to fly and have tons of fun.  The only thing I would change is the  muffler I think.  Right now I have the OS powerboost pipe (Same as Funtech A395) but I could never get it to perform the way I want.  I really do need a Funtech B320.  I will change it sometime over the winter.

Matt Botos:
Congrats on the successful maiden!

You are correct on the Powerboost, that pipe doesn't breathe very well.

Either the Hatori or the Funtech B320 are excellent choices.

Matt

steffgiguere:
You bet it's a great heli. One of my buddies who had a N5 just built a N5c and right off saw the difference. Just wait until the weather is better for flying you won't be able to stop flying the N5c.

SSerrand:
I agree with Matt about the powerboost. I'm flying it right now and its doing the job but when I see people with the hatori or funtech and how much more power their N5c's have it makes me want to just buy one right there. One thing i have been told and found to work quiet well is to raise the headspeed. I'm running 2150 on idle up 2 and 2050 on idle up 1 and it seems to be flying a lot better from when i had 2100 and 2000.

I have the same problem with the muffler leaking. Mine is leaking from the seam where the muffler meets the engine and no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tightened the muffler more to see if it was a little loose and i have made a gasket for it with a type of gel substance. I don't know exactly what kind but I can look at it. I might have messed it up when I applied it to the muffler, but it didn't work. still had oil leaking from the seam. If you find a solution or anyone else knows how to stop this I would be very thankful.

Either way congrats on the maiden.

Matt Botos:
Stephen,

Both surfaces have to be completely flat. If the pipe has ever been in a crash it is very likely that the header is bent.
I use a paper thin layer of black high temp RTV and mine seal tight as a drum.

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version