Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

Flybarless Head Problem

(1/1)

Scooterpilot:
FBL Blade Grip Arm ( 520-514) is attached to the FBL Min Blade Grip (520-514) using two 3x6 Socket Head Screws ( 100-308).  I assembled the first Arm to the Grip without issue.  While installing the second Arm to the second  blade grip I noticed the Socket head screw closest to the blade does not screw in flush to the grip arm. If I try to tighten the bolt so the bolt head is flush to the Grip Arm the end of the bolt will contact the Radial Bearing inside the the blade grip.  There is enough space between the bottom of the  head of the bolt and the Grip Arm that I can place a thick lock washer to fill the gap.   

I don't want to cut the bolt, reason being , the to other blade went together without issues.

Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darren Lee:
The screws aren't supposed to be the same length...outboard one is shorter.

Scooterpilot:
Darren,

Whelp, that's what I get for working into the weeeeeee hrs of the night and building.  Thanks for that!!!!  The bolts are two different part numbers...the manual could not have been more clear on the assembling the head.

Thanks You!

Chuck

rpletts:
I'm converting the N5 to FBL and bought the Synergy head to convert. Which hole in the head block do I use for the jesus bolt? Are the 80mm rods re-usable on the new head? Thanks.  ;)

Tommy Wagner:
With The rods being that long you will have to go to the highest head position and that would be the lowest hole

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version