April 30, 2024, 04:29:46 PM

Author Topic: Clay's E7SE Build  (Read 10128 times)

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Clay's E7SE Build
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »
Yeah, best part of the movie! It's all I need to maiden this bird... May try to beat the stuck bearings off & try to use the old tt.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
Use heat! They'll come off with the proper application of force & heat :) A pair of needle nose vise grips set so they just clear the tube and a few taps with a hammer works for me.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 02:00:15 PM »
Thanks Danny... I did try that as I have had to use good ole heat on other parts of helis in the past, it does work.. Thanks for input on that one guys! I will stick it in the Synergy drawer as a back up when needed. I got the replacement for it & have it dry'n now. Hopefully tomorrow will be the maiden flight. I'll take a couple photos and put them with the post of the maiden results.... That should do it for this thread. Thanks again for the help fellas!
Clay

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »
Maiden successful! Forgot the Bluetooth antenna to the laptop so I wasn't able to tweek iKon... Dummy! But the initial set up was pretty tight... Tail tuning of course.. Cyclic gain maybe.. I like the 696 blades so I'll save the 716s for later. But I got 6 flighya in & had to leave for soccer practice.... Have to resize the pics.. Won't load.
Clay

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
Kool, there's an app for that. I got 2 canopys when I ordered, one I found that I liked & changed it from green to pink... The other I just photoshop'd the stock canopys hue scale to this... I dig it!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:41:41 PM by cml001 »
Clay

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
Congrats on the maiden!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Ding0

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »
Congrats on your maiden flight! I hope to be there in the next month!
How tall is the main frame? from where the landing strut connects to the top of the frame? I'm anxious to see if the mechs will fit in my Airwolf fuse!

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 04:43:40 AM »
Thanks! I'm HAPPY! Couldn't report on if it'll fit a fuse or not. I have honestly not measured that. I will say it is slightly shorter than my N5C in height.. But I don't know if that's frame or shaft...
Clay

Offline troasb

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 06:24:13 AM »
Yes.  I don't know why the threaded part of the ball studs is so short.  I used red Loctite.  Several hundreds of flights later, and no issues.  Bearing retainer green 648 should work well too.  I would not feel comfortable using blue Loctite for this application.

Same on my E5, N7 and E7se, just have to rely on red locktite. Have been working fine til now, but it is not acceptable in a high-end kit like All Synergy models

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 07:23:38 AM »
So I'm off work today & tomorrow.. I'll work Wend & Thurs before head'n out to the Extravaganza... Anyhow, haven't had a chance to tune.. Got a ton to do over the next two days.. But figured I'd head to the field this morning for a few flights... While hooking up packs to charge I was looking at the wall... It's a beautiful sight! Absolutely LOVE these birds!
Clay

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Well.... Either I botched the solder job, or .... I don't know.. This is a first for me... But I had a wire come out of the connector bullet. I was about 45 degrees inverted while doin tictocs about 7-8ft off the ground she shut down.. I rolled & auto'd her to safety.. Thankfully... But this is what I found. Gonna Check the esc log when I get home.. Maybe it'll shed some light on why.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:33:11 PM by cml001 »
Clay

Offline Dan Roysdon

• Field Representative
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 03:33:58 PM »
I had that happen before too and couldn't find why, I'd done it the same as I have the past 20yrs.
If you find anything please let us know.
What are the canopy mounts in the photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 03:38:53 PM »
N7 "U" Channel mounts... Against the frame I have a thin main blade washer, 3 tail blade washers, then the "U" channel post. Good mod for any heli I think.. Makes it easy IMO. Yeah, if I can figure out why the wire came free I'll share.. Prolly just botched the solder joint...
Clay

Offline Grimmy

• Field Representative
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
Almost looks like a cold soldier joint to me.

Offline Jason Cummings

• Field Representative
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2015, 06:40:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity was there melted solder anywhere?