April 29, 2024, 05:46:16 AM

Author Topic: I am grounded!  (Read 1233 times)

Offline troasb

I am grounded!
« on: August 28, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
I had a hot start with my N7 and there was green liner dust everywere, but the clutch still somewhat worked although I had to go Idleup2 to make it work properly. As I had no spare liner or clutchbell I continued flying (I had ordered parts), but I guess I shouldn't have done that. Today after some 10-15 flights after the hot start, the clutch suddenly stuck and it was impossible to start. I understood that I had wrecked the clutch. I got home and disassembled everything and sure enough, the Clutch Assembly had broken off a shoe and all of the liner was gone. I am not sure if I can still use the Clutch Bell, but I will see when I get the new one. Lesson learned; Hot start, liner dust everywhere, stop flying!

And now I am grounded as my E5 is waiting for parts, my E7se under building are waiting for shims to make the BLS275SV fit, and N7 now waiting for parts. Seems like I have to get more spare helicopters!

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: I am grounded!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »
On the bright side.. If the bell is still good.. Ur job of cleaning off the old line got a lot easier! Lol... I had a shoe break on me last month with my N5C.. It's a pretty quick fix.. U'll be back up soon enough.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline troasb

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »
On the bright side.. If the bell is still good.. Ur job of cleaning off the old line got a lot easier! Lol... I had a shoe break on me last month with my N5C.. It's a pretty quick fix.. U'll be back up soon enough.

Jup, I don't have to struggle with parts of old liner and glue! Quick fix, yes and no, I live in Norway and have to order parts from USA as I cannot find anybody in Europe that keeps a full stock of Synergy parts unfortunately. Then it takes it time to get airborne again. Well, I'll have to satisfy by flying model airplanes in the meantime.

Offline Jason Cummings

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:25:16 PM »
fastlad carries synergy parts. Chris is a great guy to deal with!

Offline troasb

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 04:36:36 AM »
fastlad carries synergy parts. Chris is a great guy to deal with!

FastLad unfortunately only carries a very limited stock of Synergy parts.